Premium
Country 
Turkey
Device
Samsung Galaxy A7
Operating System
Android 

My Question or Issue
hi this is busra from turkey, recently i lost my bank card that's why i cancelled it and order a new one so my card info has changed. today i get it and unfortunately today was my payment date for spotify so i have not enough time to update the info of my new card on spotify. besides, a few weeks ago spotify asked me to renew my studentship so i did and i got approval mail from sheer id (but i dont have the mail anymore, it got deleted somehow im sorry i can prove it again, however the page does not direct me to upload any document, it only says you have already used that offer as soon as i fill my personal info) im a student at a university for less than 2 years and i have three more years to study, so i can send my student certificate. however, when i try to reactivate premium it directs me for a normal plan and says you have already used that student plan offer. yeah i did but i still have right to use? i dont know what can i do please helpㅠㅠ

Screenshot_20210221-215951_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20210221-220015_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210221-220150_Chrome.jpg
5 Replies

Hi @busraulas,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Check your email box for a mail from SheerID. In the mail you should find an activation link. You'll need to activate the discount from there to finish the verification process, so that the student discount becomes active.

If the link in the mail from SheerID is expired, you can reach out to them here and request a new one.

Once you've successfully activate the student discount all you need to do is re-enter your payment info and your subscription will switch back to Student 🙂

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. I am having the same problem and still haven't received an email from SheerID. Can you solve my problem?

Hey there @ulaserten

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you've already sent the documents that support that you're a still student, you just need to wait for the SheerID's reply. Keep in mind that the verification process can take a few days. We recommend keeping an eye on your inbox, including the Spam folder. 

If you need further help, we suggest that you reach out to SheerID directly following these steps.

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have been using my student account for a year. I had to verify again that I was a student. I did the process. Spotify admitted that I am a student, but has been charging regular fees for 3 months. The next time I try to verify that I am a student and says that I already use a student account and does not accept it.

Hey @ulaserten,

Thank you for your reply. 

In this case we suggest that you double-check if you have multiple accounts. You can check it here.

If that doesn't help we suggest that you contact Sheer-ID and ask for a new verification link.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts