Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete duplicates from Spotify playlist in minute - guide

Delete duplicates from Spotify playlist in minute - guide

Hey to everyone.

UPDATE: IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, THERE IS A LITTLE TOOL WHICH WORKS STRAIGH AWAY WITH YOUR ACCOUNT AND DETECTS ANY DUPLICATES. http://jmperezperez.com/spotify-dedup/

Tired to watch duplicates 24/7 in your playlist? I show how you can delete all duplicates from your Spotify in less than one minute! Rate and comment my guide. I know everything about Spotify.

duplicates1.png

Go to this site http://paulvi.nl/deduplicator/. Please go to your Library or playlist in Spotify and select all tracks. Then copy and paste to Word/this forum/other software that convert those to text like in picture and then to this site in link. Then click DeDuplicate. Danger: do not close this page at all for a while. Also text is better than links because you may added duplicates where Spotify url is different, so this tool does not show those as duplicates when you use links for comparing.

duplicates2.png

Go to this site http://www.quickdiff.com/index.php. Go now to previous site. Copy and paste first box to left side & copy and paste second box to right side. Now compare.

duplicates3.png

Now just scroll and see all those highlighted lines (duplicates).

duplicates4.png

Search those now from Spotify playlist and delete (Search bar in Windows: CTRL + F). You may also want to check duplicates from Starred list view or Library view at the same time. Enjoy!

Hope this help! Big credits to anyone who created those awesome tools for us!!! However why Spotify does not provide a tool inside Spotify? But before this official tool, you can use my guide. I really like Spotify now, it's just simple to listen music and now realised how to listen without those duplicates... Really I can remember when I searched those manually. 😄

90 Replies

You legend!

Have a nice friday!

I had a similar concern since I knew I had over 500 duplicates in my favorite list.  In some cases it may have been local vs spotify, but others I'm not sure - maybe from when I upgraded new PC and then it re-uploaded local tracks somehow.

Anyhow, I also simply copied the content direct from spotify (URLs) and then de-duped that.  I then created a new temp play list (slim favorites) and dragged the de-duped list created into it.  From there I selected all in my starred list and right clicked and unstarred, then went to that slim favorites and selected all and then right clicked to star all again.

This was the only site needed for those steps - http://paulvi.nl/deduplicator/

There may still be a few duplicates, but if I have time I'll go do the manual method described.

CAUTION - Of course one problem with this method is you are basicially re-adding everything, so you lose when it was added (starred in this case).  A bit sad, but way easier than manually searching for hundreds of tracks.

Thanks hpguru!

Thanks that at least you helps us here to get our playlist clean!

@Kalmora wrote:

Thanks hpguru!

Thanks that at least you helps us here to get our playlist clean!

Thanks for positive feedback. I like when I help people 🙂

Have a lovely day with clean duplicate-free playlists 🙂

hpguru, you are a legend. This was so easy. Thanks Mate!!

Hi hpguru,

There is another very easy way, I don't know if by now somebody has posted it somewhere else, but here goes:

For this method to work you need to have your music organized in playlists (duh;-), but none of the songs must be "saved" (i.e. the "your music" library has to be empty).

Select all songs in the playlist (assuming there are many duplicates in there) and simply drag and drop all songs into the "Songs" in "your music". Only single files get copied.

Then simply delete all old songs in the playlist and copy the cleaned up list back to the now empty playlist from "your music".

Don't forget to empty "your music" again, so the step can be repeated with other playlists.

Takes 30 seconds!:-)

If you have content in Your Music, this method also works if you create a new playlist folder (File > Playlist Folder) then add the playlist you want to de-duplicate to it. The folder view removes the doubles. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OH MY DAYS!! 
This is a life saver, a sanity enchancer! 

Litrally took 30 seconds. Thank you!! 

You can also use Spotidy Dedup, a webapp for detecting and deleting duplicates in your Spotify playlists. It uses the recently launched Spotify Web API and it is open source.

how exactly do you 'select all tracks'? I have tried on both the web player and desktop version but it won't let me select/highlight.

On a playlist, click a track then press Ctrl/Cmd+a @glhhrh .

Peter

@jperez wrote:

You can also use Spotidy Dedup, a webapp for detecting and deleting duplicates in your Spotify playlists. It uses the recently launched Spotify Web API and it is open source.

This really works.

Your playlists have been processed!
Congrats! Your playlists don't have duplicates.

Hey, I was following your steps but I found myself having trouble to copy only the names and artists of the songs. It seems that I can copy the HTTP link, the Spotify URI and the code but not the info that I want in order to deduplicate my library.

@Japt - Is it the artists names and tracks you are trying to copy? If so, into what program?

Peter

Correct, I'm trying to copy the text into MS Word and into the deduplicating sites mentioned in the guide also. I have several duplicates but they seem to have different URIs, that's why I need to copy the names.

If you press Ctrl+a on a Spotify playlist then paste that directly into Word or Excel using Ctrl+v does that not give you Aritst - Track as a hyperlink?

Peter

That. Did. It. I feel so stupid for not having tried that... Thanks.

Glad that got it for you @Japt ! 🙂

Peter

Thank you so much. Very grateful. Seems like there is a maximum to the tracks in a playlist for using your tool that works "straight away with your account," but the other methods you developed (e.g., the drag-and-drop one) worked with those. Again, grateful. Thanks.

Suggested posts