Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I transfer playlists from Deezer to Spotify

How do I transfer playlists from Deezer to Spotify

Hi!

Would like to transfer my playlists from Deezer to Spotify.

Found several SWs in the web but it seems that no one is working ....

Some ideas ?

Thank you!

LeBugiste

44 Replies

All these streaming services need to make this easier in the interest of competition and end users.

I just tested usespotify.com with a Deezer playlist URL, and it doesn't like the full address anymore, because it seems to have changed if you check the explanation there. Anyhow, just leaving the numerical playlist ID in the input field is enough, and converting it worked fine then. I haven't figured out yet how to actually import the converter result to a Spotify playlist, but probably only overlooked something.

OK, it seems you can simply click on the Play button in the converted playlist in your browser, and then it will automatically play in the Spotify desktop software where you can highlight all tracks and save it to a new internal playlist.

By the way, if anybody is interested in the other way round, i.e. from Spotify to Deezer, this online converter works fine: http://spotizr.com/

And http://soundiiz.com/ should also work in this direction, but not from Deezer to Spotify.

I just found a way to transfer from UseSpotify.com to Spotify. It seems that the direct link is now broken but you can make the magic happen following a small detour. 

- Access your Deezer playlist. Get the final number

- Paste it in the first step in UseSpotify.com

- Convert and wait (until now, default steps)

- Now the trick begins: copy the link from the third step and past it in a text editor. Example with 3 songs:

spotify:trackset:Playlist:6RWArMm7oXa5WAzpqIjLg1,4Ma6fKktonx1Tu7Lzljcz5,0AGJuICX9Uhne0ER96c4Rw,

You probably will have hundreds of songs listed, so expect a huge mess of letters, numbers and commas. Edit the text to this format:

spotify.exe /uri "<your_huge_trackset_text>"

Using my example:

spotify.exe /uri "spotify:trackset:Playlist:6RWArMm7oXa5WAzpqIjLg1,4Ma6fKktonx1Tu7Lzljcz5,0AGJuICX9Uhne0ER96c4Rw,"

- Now, open your command prompt (cmd.exe), and go to the Spotify app directory. It is propably in:

cd "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"

- Copy all the trackset text stuff from the notepad into your clipboard (access the notepad, and press Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C).

- It is a complete command that calls Spotify directly from the command prompt. Now paste in the command prompt and press enter. It will run spotify, opening it with the trackset listed. Now you can do whatever you want! 😃

I hope it can help!

Hello,

there is the tiny app playlist converter:

http://www.playlist-converter.net

Not perfect, some bugs, but should help.

wouldnt it great if these suppliers made it easy to complete these simplest of tasks but i guess its not in their own interest to make it easier to swap platforms, unless ofc youre migrating to their service! 

Yes. And we you see api terms for service they can cut the concurrence.

Soundiiz is excelent. Thanks for the tip

Hi, 

do you know how to do this command prompt thingy but in a Mac?

thanks!

I tried this one, but it gave me a list with single urls per song. Is it the way it is supposed to work? Once converted, should I just add every single song one by one? 

Not complaining, just trying to know if I did it correctly or if I'm complicated it all 😛

Thanks!

I wasn't able to use it. I just don't get the whole drop thing. Where am I supposed to drop the playlist once I'm connected to deezer?

Hi,
do you know how to do this command prompt thingy but in a Mac?
thanks!

I tried this one, but it gave me a list with single urls per song. Is it the way it is supposed to work? Once converted, should I just add every single song one by one?
Not complaining, just trying to know if I did it correctly or if I'm complicated it all 😛
Thanks!

Hi!

Sorry, I have no clue.

But hey! Did you try Soundiiz ( http://soundiiz.com/#/converter ) as suggested by regisbsb? It seems a far better solution now.

marceloguedes schrieb:

But hey! Did you try Soundiiz ( http://soundiiz.com/#/converter ) as suggested by regisbsb? It seems a far better solution now.

That's right, because Soundiiz has been updated with a full Spotify support, so you can import your Deezer playlists easily now by simply dragging & dropping them from Deezer to Spotify. You have to login to both sites first of course.

Have a look at MOOVAL (www.mooval.de) - it's a pretty new service but we already support Spotify, Deezer, Rdio and Simfy. We think that it's far more convenient compared to soundiiz as you can transfer all of your playlists in one go (or select only the ones you want to transfer).

As an added bonus we allow you to transfer your favorites (tracks, albums and artists), too!

I tried Soundiiz, and it works pretty well. But, unfortunately, it transfers only 400 songs maximum from a playlist.

I'm trying Mooval right now, but it's literally takin AGES to analyze my accounts. It seems that it will be analyzing my songs forever before I can even try to import any playlist.

OK, at the end it did not take that long. Only around 20 minutes and it analyzed all my playlists, liked songs, etc from Deezer.

But then, when I did import the lists into spotify, only 400 songs were imported per playlists.

Why is this happening? The same 400 limit happen for soundiiz.

Maybe there is an internal limit in the Deezer API which does not allow more than 400 tracks for one playlist. But the last time I used Soundiiz it automatically splitted my large Spotify playlists into several 1k Deezer playlists, as far as I remember. Maybe that has been changed back again in the meantime. And remember that you have to be patient and not close browser tabs too early, so the conversion is interrupted.

Suggested posts