Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I transfer playlists from Deezer to Spotify

How do I transfer playlists from Deezer to Spotify

Hi!

Would like to transfer my playlists from Deezer to Spotify.

Found several SWs in the web but it seems that no one is working ....

Some ideas ?

Thank you!

LeBugiste

44 Replies

Yes. I tried with another exporting tool and, again, it only grabbed 400 songs per playlist.

Even if the playlist in Deezer has more than that.

So, it is clear that the 400 limit is being set by Deezer when the export tools grab playlists contents.

Anyway, It would be GREAT if the export-tool developers could find a way of overriding this limit somehow.

Cheers.

A.

Hi there,

we saw your post and did some tests. The current implementation of MOOVAL fetches a playlist using the regular playlist endpoint - this one has a limit of 400 tracks indeed. But we found out that there is another endpoint for fetching the tracks of a playlist that allows paging and thus fetching all tracks.

We currently are short of time but hope to fix this in the next days.

Stay tuned!

Best, MOOVAL

By the way, Simfy support by Mooval seems to have ended now due to Simfy's servers being switched off, as they had been bought by Deezer some time ago.

Hi there,

we managed to take the time to implement the fix and update MOOVAL so that you now can transfer all of your tracks from Deezer (not only the first 400).

One note on a previous post that stated that moving from Deezer takes ages:

We try to match your tracks using their ISRC number to get the best results possible. Only if we do not find a corresponding track via its ISRC we fall back to search via track title and artist + a normalized version of track title and artist.

To find out the tracks ISRC via Deezers API we have to uniquely fetch each track - which obviously takes some time but ensures the best results.

Best, MOOVAL

Thanks a lot. I've just tried it and it work FANTASTICALLY!

You are amazing guys!

I'll donate for sure, MOOVAL is the best transfering tool available! No doubt about it!

Importing the liked music is also a fantastic feature because in spotify and in deezer likes need to be done one by one.

Now all my big lists from deezer are in spotify! Thanks a lot!

ONLY PROBLEM: Now, the only problem I'm facing is that I do not know which are the songs that were not able to be imported. Can you give back a report of the songs that failed the transfer?

ALSO, for the long waiting time in the analysis. Yes, I agree with you and, at the end, the wait is reasonable for the amount of songs I had. It was just that you analyse everything without warning. Indeed, in your message you say that the time depends on the amount of songs WE WANT to transfer. On that particular try I just wanted to do a test (transfer just 1 playlist) and I needed to wait for my whole playlists to be analyzed. I suggest two things: (i) Change your message to "depends on THE AMOUNT OF ALL SONGS you have", or better (ii) Give first the user the chance to decide which playlist to transfer and then do the analysis.

Now go for apple music!

Many thanks.

Fantastic tool. I did the transfer in less than two minutes.

Donated!

That's excellent! Welcome to Spotify. Enjoy it.

MOOVAL schrieb:

One note on a previous post that stated that moving from Deezer takes ages:

We try to match your tracks using their ISRC number to get the best results possible. Only if we do not find a corresponding track via its ISRC we fall back to search via track title and artist + a normalized version of track title and artist.

To find out the tracks ISRC via Deezers API we have to uniquely fetch each track - which obviously takes some time but ensures the best results.

In my case (a massive Spotify library with more than 100k tracks in several folders and playlists) analyzing my data first takes way too long, as I only want to convert two playlists with 4.4k and 5.4k tracks to Deezer, not everything. And I am not interested in converting my likes or favorites either. So I would appreciate an option to skip this step and directly go to the playlists that interest me. At the moment I have to use Spotizr for that which seems at least to be able to handle these large numbers and does an automatic split at about 1.9k tracks for an imported larger playlist. Soundiiz seems to be broken for this task, too, also Playlist Converter.

A somehow related feature suggestion for Mooval would be importing Last.fm playlists including loved tracks, personal tag radios and even your complete listening history in CSV format in order to convert them to Spotify, Deezer and other streaming sites, maybe Rdio, Tidal, Soundcloud, Bandcamp or Apple Music. Google Play Music, Groove etc.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to Spotify (previously using Rdio, Deezer), but I found easy way to convert my playlist from Deezer to Spotify using this website service Playlist Converter

5 minutes work and all done!

@mathieuel wrote:

Hello,

there is the tiny app playlist converter:

http://www.playlist-converter.net

Not perfect, some bugs, but should help.

http://www.playlist-converter.net

the only one that works for me ..

Do I connect to Deezer to transfer to Spotify or connect to Spotify when I;m in

When i log onto http://soundiiz.com/#/converter to transfer my Deezer playlist to Spotify, do I connect to Deezer or Spotify?

Soundiiz worked brilliantly

labrewton schrieb:

When i log onto http://soundiiz.com/#/converter to transfer my Deezer playlist to Spotify, do I connect to Deezer or Spotify?

To both, it is not enough to only connect to one of the services, as you can only drag&drop your playlists between them if you are connected to both.

Thanks you so very much 🙂 This was a great help

By the way, Mooval still seems to work for converting playlists, tracks and likes from Deezer to Spotify and vice versa, also for Microsoft Groove Music.

If you want to convert to or from Apple Music, Stamp can do that as well, but it is not free.

Amazing . Worked in 2 minutes !!

Hi there,

just to give an update here: We are now supporting Napster as well!

The main difference between MOOVAL and other transfer-services is, that you are able to transfer your favorite tracks/albums/artists as well.

Best,

MOOVAL

Do you have to do this using a laptop/pc or can it be done on a smartphone?

Suggested posts