New Last.fm feature "Spotify in-page playback" now available for all Last.fm users

2 people liked this

New Last.fm feature "Spotify in-page playback" now available for all Last.fm users

hans-jürgen
Roadie

As I don't know if Spotify will announce this officially in the proper forum, I thought it should at least be mentioned here. There is a news article on the Spotify U.S. blog though. See also this announcement in the Feedback & Ideas forum on Last.fm. I also copied the Spotify part without the new YouTube player announcement to the Last.fm for Spotify support group. Last but not least you can also read about it on the Last.fm Developer blog.

In short: it enables on-demand playback on all Last.fm web pages showing tracks, i.e. your loved tracks, playlists, personal tag radios, personal or artist track charts, albums etc. You can use it for free with the Spotify desktop software or their web player and do not have to subscribe to Last.fm for using this feature.

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
Spotify playlist with original versions
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."
Spotify playlist with original versions & live album "Live im Riff"
5 Replies

Re: New Last.fm feature "Spotify in-page playback" now available for all Last.fm users

Joe
Community Legend

Cool :)

Re: New Last.fm feature "Spotify in-page playback" now available for all Last.fm users

Community Manager
Community Manager
Mega useful :)
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

hans-jürgen
Roadie

By the way, it also lowers the need to create specific Spotify playlists for rather simple tasks like playing more than the Top 10 hits from an artist. For example you can simply listen to all available tracks from your favorite artist if you check his Last.fm track list which is ranked and paginated from #1 to #20 pages with 50 tracks on each page.

And people who prefer a more artist collection or library based view than handling many playlists should be happy with that feature, too, as Last.fm's artist pages are sorted into albums and tracks automatically besides offering charts. So you can easily check your personal library on Last.fm, pick one artist and listen to his overall track list for example or go to a specific album.

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen

Peter__
Community Legend
This doesn't work for radio on last.fm does it?
I used to be a radio subscriber on last.fm a long time ago, and I feel their radio algorithms are still superior to Spotify's but I could never get a reliable stream from them.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

hans-jürgen
Roadie

Not directly yet, as the other new feature on Last.fm is the YouTube web player for radio stations including all personalised radios like your library, mix radio, recommendations, neighbours etc. But like I mentioned in the announcement thread, this probably isn't the last word from the team developing new ways of using your Last.fm library.

An indirect way of using a radio with the Spotify playback now would be personal tag radios if you have tagged many single tracks with individual tags in the past. You could load them into the desktop software then like all other track lists on Last.fm and switch to the next Last.fm page manually when the first 50 tracks on that page are over. If you still want to have them on a separate Spotify playlist, you can simply highlight all tracks and save them to a new list. But the advantage rather is that you don't need to do this anymore, because the track list is already available on Last.fm.

A new online tool called Last.fm to csv enables recreating your Last.fm library radio when combining it with Ivy. See this thread in the Last.fm for Spotify app for more info and also the pinned thread about other related apps and tools connecting Last.fm and Spotify.

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
SUGGESTED POSTS