[Release] Unportify v1.4.3

Re: [Release] Unportify v1.4

michael-b
Casual Listener

On my windows 10 (chrome) setup, special 8 bit characters (such as "üöäèéà") don't work. They are saved as 16bit (?) characters in the xml playlist, which will not get recogized when importing to spotify. They still don't get properly recognized if replaced by 7 bit (ae oe ue) or 8 bit (ä ö ü, standard windows charset) characters.

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

You guys seem to have a different problem.

Is it possible for you to share your playlists, so I can test a couple things?

Signatures are too generic
1 person liked this

fxkqwan

I'm getting a similar problem. Gets to the end, but no saving dialogue (which I assume is what it should do?).

Error in the console:

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'textContent' of null"

Seems like a problem at line 140, there's no div that has class 'info' when I check through, perhaps Google have updated again?

I tried editing that line and set "playlist_title" to a string. Seemed to get me past that error, but then I got this:

"Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1558"

I've got some songs with funny characters in them. Could be related to the other issue people have had?

Still a bit stuck but hopefully that gives you some useful info!

antsmallwood

Hey, modified script works for me using Chrome for Mac.  I disabled any Script Inject browser add-ons and worked first time.

Great tool, thanks very much!

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to fxkqwan:

The HTML seems to be the same, it might be that the title is unloaded.

Try using this script, you will get a lot of jibberish on the actual playlist file but it will, hopefully, avoid the crash.

The result of this script will not work on the Unportify importer tool.

If you could paste me the file you get, that would really help me understand what's wrong with it.

Thank you.

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to antsmallwood:

Thank you, I'm glad it worked :)

earl_grey123

Unportify is also not working for me. It scrolls until the back of the playlist (speed 100, 50, 25) but after that does not offer any file to download or another message from the script bums up. what am i doing wrong?

Windows 10 - Chrome 52

EDIT:

TheDegree0 script few posts above me worked and i generated a file. but this file does not work properly with the importation website Unportify provides. just stuck in the importation process on first try. second try i get the mesg that importation was successful, but just 2 out of 75 songs were found on spotify and added to the playlist.

EDIT 2:

The modified code from this website

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/TheDegree0/29137b5abf7be44dd46e29ad8ff39e2e/raw/aede0c68403821b9f...

also didnt work.

tried it with the CJS extension as well as the normal google chrome console.

Need help

1 person liked this

ouphe
Casual Listener

Works like a charm on Windows 10 Pro with Chrome 53 (actually it missed 2 songs out of 214 but hey). If I connect Unportify to Spotify, will it steal my CC info, run away with my girlfriend and sell my children into slavery?

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to ouphe:

Glad it worked, the 2 songs it missed might be duplicates, some songs are the same but in different albums.

On the privacy part, Unportify only requests access to public account information, that permission is required in order to create the public playlist. The only information it saves is the IDs of the songs and who imported what.

It saves who imported which songs so I can have a basic idea of how many people have used it and how many return to import again.

About the song IDs, it saves them so it doesn't have to request them again for future users, so by using it, you're helping everyone else! :)

I'll be releasing the code soon for the importer, I don't have much free time so I didn't get to do it yet.

Thanks for using Unportify!

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to earl_grey123:

With the latest update of the script (here), change this:

scroll_margin = 50;

To this:

scroll_margin = 200;

It's on line 75 col 5.

Also, close the console before starting the export process.

Run the modified script and tell me if that works :)

SUGGESTED POSTS