[Release] Unportify v1.4.3

Re: [Release] Unportify v1.4

Esragoria
Casual Listener

I've been having some trouble with the unportify portion. The script is pulling the playlists perfectly, but sometimes unportify stops working with certain playlists. It continually says importing without actually finishing. I broke the original playlist down into segments and it only didn't work for certain segments, even small (~25 songs) segments.

Any ideas?

Attached are the original playlist (which didn't work) and two subdivisions, G did work, H did not work.

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to Esragoria:

Just updated the export script, try exporting it again with the new version.

There's no need to split the playlist, Unportify does that internally in order to contact Spotify; it wasn't working because of a formatting error.

I hope this works.

Signatures are too generic

noname580
Casual Listener

Unfortunately I am still having the same problem as Esragoria has. I tried your new script and the Unportify site keeps hanging on the import. The new playlist does get created on Spotify but it never gets populated.

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to noname580:

Huh, that's weird. Maybe the saveas script saves in different formats. Can I take a look at the text file of the playlist? I'll try chaning the server instead, so it makes sure it's in the right format.

noname580
Casual Listener

Here they are. Both of them failed to move past creating the playlist. Have 3 other 1000 song playlists to test if needed

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to noname580:

Thank you! The files have come in handy; I updated the script again. Also changed the server to adapt to the new format.

New script.

Tell me if it works!

noname580
Casual Listener

First time without Albums found 993 tracks and imported 63 of them. Docs in a zip.

The second time with Albums found 1000 tracks but got stuck on the import with nothing but the Playlist being created, no songs listed.

1 person liked this

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to noname580:

Alright, that took a while to find but I finally found where the problem was coming from. It wasn't with the code but the database collation, for some reason, it was in swedish instead of utf8. Never experienced that problem before.

Now it should be working just fine, I tried your file and was able to import 900 songs, the ones that were not found are remixes and "feat. ARTIST". I'll have to improve the code on that side, since Spotify's API is not able to find tracks with titles like that.

The importation time for you should be really short now, since Unportify has learned from me when I imported them and should find your tracks really fast.

Thank you for all the feedback!

Arnau.

noname580
Casual Listener

Everything seems to be working much better.

Interestingly enough, the export with Albums found 6 more songs than without. 911 with albums and 905 without.

Glad I could be of assistance.

Frustrating that neither company allows for exporting and importing. The labeling needs to be more uniform but I am starting to rant now.

Thanks for your script and program.

TheDegree0
Gig Goer

reply to noname580:

It finds more songs with albums because some are duplicates with different album names.

No problem about the rambling, I agree.

They don't offer this feature because it allows you to switch services really easily, something that the other company would not like at all and generate legal issues, potentially going to court.

TBH, I'm surprised I didn't get any email yet threatening with legal actions against Unportify.

SUGGESTED POSTS