Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Presale on Ticketmaster

Spotify Presale on Ticketmaster

Hello there!

I've noticed on ticketmaster for the first time, a Spotify presale. The concert in question is for the Red Hot Chili Peppers (RHCP). The presale is Wed. Sep. 22nd, 2016. I'm interested in the Toronto, CAN, show on Feb. 4, 2017.

Does anyone know how to get access to this Spotify presale?? I am long time paid subscription Spotify member.

Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Whyvaughn

13 Replies

Hey Whyvaughn! Welcome to the community!

Pre-sale codes are sent to people who listen to an artist a lot according to Spotify's streaming data. If you haven't received a pre-sale code, I'm afraid you are not eligible for this one. You can read more about pre-sale codes on this page!

Have a nice day and keep on rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi. I've been a longtime Spotify Premium user. I listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers all the time. Why do I not have a presale code?

Hey @xlivsaints! Welcome to the community!

Codes are sent to listeners who Spotify's data indicate stream particular artists the most. If you didn't receive a code, I'm afraid you’re not eligible on this occasion... You can read more about that on this page. I'm sorry.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

I have a code from Spotify, but it doesn't work. Seems to be a common problem.

The biggest fans own rchp music and are still loyal Spotify customers. Those who don't own rchp music are more likely to listen to them on Spotify. Seems like failed logic on this decision. Just give paying customers the code. This could be a big mistake for Spotify. I'm already sensing a social media response ...

Couldn't agree more. I've purhcased all of their albums on iTunes and am not being penalized for it. As a Spotify premium customer, I beleive I should have access to the pre-sale code. 

Hey @Sheri1 & @mperlaza25! Thanks for reaching out!

Spotify can't generate a code for everyone. I'm going to pass on your feedback to the right folks. If you have any other questions, let me know! 🙂

Have an amazing weekend!

HuboSpotify Star

That is total BS!! As a paying premium customer I should have access to the code!  I get that you wouldn't be able to afford it if everyone who is premium used it but keep in mind not everyone will use it....also, who determines how much you listen to one artist?  I listen almost exclusively to Fleet Foxes and yet didn't get the code....seriously re-thinking my being a premium Spotify consumer!!! 

Your sense of entitlement is disturbing.  Did you sign up for Spotify with an agreement for pre-sale tickets?  Or is this something they decided to roll out as an added benefit?  And then adding a threat at the end, nice!   

Is expecting to be treated equally an entitlement? I don't think so. I'm in for the same monthly premium and I'd like the same priviledges. This method of distribution of concert pre-sales seems capricious and sure to righteously **bleep** some people off.

It pisses me off...I love a particular artist that will be performing near me in November. I have wanted to see her since I was younger and I finally have the opportunity, but because I own all her albums and listen to them offline I didn't get a code? I had to wait until sales opened to the public and pay more money for less than desirable seats. Very disappointing to say the least. I do believe if I am a paying customer that I should be able to request a presale code.

Just wait you will get a nasty snarky reply from another Spotify user giving you **bleep** about your comment! I did & I just told them I wasn't aware I asked their opinion.....some people act as though they are superior or something.....I totally agree with you the same thing happened to me!! Sorry they treat paying customers like this....

I seem to be in the same boat as many.  My son listens to Logic day and night, but since he does not use my premium account ... and I don't listen to him as much ... I don't get a code.  Spotify can remedy this.  Get rid of the code if you can't supply it to every paying customer.  Thankfully, Citi cardholders get access an hour later.  I just have to use my card.  No Code!! 

Suggested posts