Where should I post this question? (multiplatform)

Where should I post this question? (multiplatform)

Fred
Community Legend

Hi all,

got a slight problem with Spotify, that I've been having forever. I just don't know where to post the Q since it's a multiplatform issue and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

My setup for Spotify is as follows:

- One pc (Windows 8.1) no offline songs/playlists. Ever.

-Two phones (Android 4.x) one with offline, the other no offline songs/playlists.

-Two iPads (iOS 7.0.4) both with offline songs/playlists.

All devices with latest Spotify app (official only) installed.

I stream to all devices from time to time.

Now, according to the faq I'm allowed to have three devices with offline sync, but every time my account has been billed I get a message that I have offline on more than three devices and I have to restart in order to resync. What I don't get is if it's also not allowed to stream to more than three devices (one at a time obviously), or if there's anything else I'm missing.

Thanks for listening to my rants...

/Fred

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
2 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Where should I post this question? (multiplatform)

Joe
Community Legend

Hi @Fred I wonder if there's a phantom fourth device registered somehow, maybe as a result of an OS upgrade or something. You can request all devices on your account to be reset in this topic and start with a clean slate. Unfortunately, this will clear downloaded music across devices.

If you still have the issue after doing this, get in touch with the account team and they should be able to see what's going wrong.

Highlighted

Re: Where should I post this question? (multiplatform)

Fred
Community Legend

Thankyou for your fast reply!

I will try out your suggestion and let you know how it works out. What I don't get is how a "hidden" device would be able to keep a offline status after the monthly resync. I never have any problems listening to music and switching between on- and offline with those three devices, it's only a problem the day after my account i billed. Well, perhaps the "number-of-simultanous-offline-devices" counter is checked at that time and it has a hickup.

Many thanks.

/Fred

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
SUGGESTED POSTS