Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why I Don't Listen Radio Since 2012

Why I Don't Listen Radio Since 2012

I found instead of same over-and-over something better. 920 tracks, no need to repeat, not on radio. My brain is saved from commercials too. Stop wasting your time with the radio!

20 Replies

Yeah I don't listen to the radio either.

That is a shame as there are still some (a few) good radio programmes but I agree that in general the standard has declined in recent years.

I've realized the same thing with Television. Why would I want to sit down for an hour and only get like 45 minutes of actual content, if that? I hate advertising and being subjected to it, it's annoying. There are times and places for it that I don't mind beause it aids in informing people about new products and services that they may be interested in, but it hits ridiculous amounts on TV and radio. When I turn on my radio, I want music - not ads for car salesman and other stupid things. That's one of the main reasons I switched to Spotify. I listen to hundreds of songs every week and in the past didn't have the financial background to support my listening habits, forcing me to resort to other (sketchier) online streaming services like the late plug.dj, which didn't always have music I liked or high-quality streaming.

I agree. I don't watch tv either... I don't want to have ads or watch what others thinks is good for me. If I want movie, I go to theatre and look one I want to. Especially when I get free movie tickets 🙂

I can understand that. Here in England we are very lucky to have the BBC. No adverts, no commercial content and most of the programmes are uplifting and inspirational.

I am not much of a radio user either, even in my car I use Spotify with bluetooth and tv i dont watch MTV? or what ever channel people use these days for music lol 🙂

What is the reason for that? Why is spotty fly with blue tooth a better experience than the radio?

@user-removed wrote:
What is the reason for that? Why is spotty fly with blue tooth a better experience than the radio?

If you hear songs over 140 BPM or more, please let me know, I will move immediately to that country to listen radio! I think I am different and I don't like to be guided by FM Radio main Music DJ to choose what I should listen and how often.

Hard Dance, Dancecore, Hardstyle, Happy Hardcore or Speedcore is not 4 radio!

I think it is same in TV. Lots of people gets programmed by these devices. People can't think clearly anymore about music or life. They think that all the music is represented by radio channels and like there is nothing else. People think that the TV shows are real life. How many times you write down what you say or do for the people in real life? Let's all opt out of this. There so many other options, like Spotify, YouTube, Google Play Music. Just put search and find excellent stuff you never will hear on radio or TV!

Let me be another time honest -- people are spending so much at the work, just to buy TV and radio to impress other people with stuff, and to be only programmed by mainstream channels.

Yeah, I don't listen to radio either and I don't miss, the stupid talkradio-personas, crappy spoonfeeding advertising with the ever so common crap jingles. and I don't miss the music at all that's represent most of the mainstream zombie opinions and bad taste. I don't watch TV either but that's another topic/discussion 😉

Hooray! I am one step closer to become my own true self.

@McLashlan wrote:
Yeah, I don't listen to radio either and I don't miss, the stupid talkradio-personas, crappy spoonfeeding advertising with the ever so common crap jingles. and I don't miss the music at all that's represent most of the mainstream zombie opinions and bad taste. I don't watch TV either but that's another topic/discussion 😉

Hooray! I am one step closer to become my own true self.

You are amazing! That's the best side of life! To be true self!

Thanks for sharing.

Recently I've got a phone call from a Research Institute where I've been asked to answer some questions about my music listening behaviour. The first questions was about the name of my favourite radio station. After I told her that as a user of streaming services I'm rarely listening to radio stations and therefore dont have a favourite station, she said in this case we are already done. In this moment I realised that there is a whole industry that have not yet realized that things have dramatically changed. I asked myself why I have to pay such high tv and radio listening fees to the public services I almost never use.

@NightScape wrote:

Recently I've got a phone call from a Research Institute where I've been asked to answer some questions about my music listening behaviour. The first questions was about the name of my favourite radio station. After I told her that as a user of streaming services I'm rarely listening to radio stations and therefore dont have a favourite station, she said in this case we are already done. In this moment I realised that there is a whole industry that have not yet realized that things have dramatically changed. I asked myself why I have to pay such high tv and radio listening fees to the public services I almost never use.

Yes, we pay here too high payments in VAT (if over 18, no matter if you use or not, Finnish own channels from YLE) and they are higher if you get more money in year than poor or average. So there's some fixed payments for everyone depending on income. I rarely use radio or tv, news sites whatever of that YLE company and still need to pay. I think the previous system where you paid if you used services was better. But they changed it as so many never bought it, even if they were watching TV. So now everyone pays and there is no way out. Which is sad thing for us who don't need these services at all.

Well now that Spotify has stopped working completely I guess I will just have to listen to my radio. Spotify is so unreliable and it hardly ever works properly. This morning the programmes I listened to were an absolute delight and I learned a lot about music I would never have heard of otherwise. It was free and there was no advertising or jingles.

@user-removed wrote:
Well now that Spotify has stopped working completely I guess I will just have to listen to my radio. Spotify is so unreliable and it hardly ever works properly. This morning the programmes I listened to were an absolute delight and I learned a lot about music I would never have heard of otherwise. It was free and there was no advertising or jingles.

If you have problems with Spotify, there is alternatives. I am using Google Play Music Pass. It suggests great music! Found a lot of new faves!

Sorry - I will not use Google due to the way they cheat their way out of paying tax

@user-removed wrote:
Sorry - I will not use Google due to the way they cheat their way out of paying tax

How they cheat that?

They move most of their profits offshore so that they don't have to pay tax on it. Current estimates are that they have £30 billion in offshore accounts. This means the rest of us must pay more tax to compensate for companies like Google.

I think many of big companies do that. With profit. But they all do pay taxes when something gets purchased: like trac or monthly purchased service. Only profit no vat.

Maybe, but I think it is a recent phenomenon. The senior management of companies like facebook and starbucks always seem quite surprised when their customers react negatively to this practice.

Suggested posts