Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Budweiser . Made in America.

Solved!

Budweiser . Made in America.

This ad is playing by itself and i can't pause. I know its live but its streaming and using my little data i have.  i want to be able to listen to my music without some ad streaming its own phucking shioit over the  music im listening to.

http://cl.ly/image/0f3p400i3B19

63 Replies

Hey there and thanks for your question 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

First of all I'm really sorry that you're forced to listen horrible rap from Spotify ad when your loveli favorite music is playing. It's bad design of ad when there is no mute button etc. One is paid subscription, but if you want to use Free service, maybe clean-reinstall of the client change ads you see?

Feel free to try and let me know if this rap is still joking you after that. I escalate this then to staff.

Greetings,
Jyri

Well, at first i didn't realize it was an ad, and I thought I scewed up my gf's computer.  But then after restarting Spotify, I realized it was an ad banner.  So, scrolling over it, I found I could mute it.  But I want to know how to make it stop completly.  I don't want to be streaming anything more than I have to.  If that means getting a paid subscription, well then good bye forever.  But if you think dusting Spotify from the computer and then reinstalling it would work, I'll give it a try.

thanks for your help.

Thank you, and to be clear, I like the idea, just not the implementation here.

I also think it's obnoxious.  Just another reason to hate on Budwieser.

Same problem here, this has been going on since yesterday. Driving me crazy. Please make the streaming stop, want to listen to my music. Thanks.

This may help some of you.... If you have a firewall, try blocking all connections to   madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net

Worked for me on my Mac, but would rather the <snip> over at spotify just give us all the ability to turn this garbage off.  

+1 for this thread. 

For the first time in over a year I find myself re-discovering the music collection that is actually stored on my hard-drive.

This banner is infuriatingly bad and rendering Spotify unusable.  Who the hell designed this without a stop button?!?

Spotify no longer has a place on my PC, I was planning to go back to Premium, now I will not. You will no longer recieve my money, you have lost me as a re-subscriber.

There are several active threads about this.  Apparently it's a design flaw, and Spotify folks know about it.  Hopefully it will get fixed, but it isn't clear how long it will take.  Re-installing the app won't help.

Hi everyone - Thanks for reporting this and giving us your feedback. We always want to hear from you. 

You should definitely be able to mute stream if you'd like. Try hovering over the banner and clicking on the sound icon. 

If any of you are unable to mute the stream or if you are hearing it over other songs after muting please let us know. If you coud post your operating system and Spotify app version it'd be a big help. Thanks again!

That's beside the point, do you guys not give a crap about your subscribers? It steals bandwidth, it unmutes itself whenever anyone goes to the Discover tick, it's so intrusive that you could actually lose Premium members over this.

If you have trouble muting, exit the app and re-enter. Then wait for Discover to load, hover over the video stream and click on the sound icon.

Auto-loading video is A-L-W-A-Y-S a problem. In any context. Period. Auto-loading video that you can't stop streaming and eating up bandwidth is particularly grating.

Apparently, Spotify doesn't have any IT folk on call for the weekend. That's no way to run a streaming app.

Sorry for my explosion of swearing. You're right, that was inappropriate.

Guys, going on what iTolyan said earlier, I went and blocked madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net in my hosts file and bye bye uncontrollable video playable, now how about Budweiser add a Pause button to this ad, or Spotify suspend this ad until they fix it, doubt they will though, seeing as it's all about the money rather than the customer.

I've just merged a couple threads about this concert here. We're passing on your feedback as we speak. 

Again, if anyone is having trouble with the mute not working please pass on your device details. The more info we have the better--thanks! 

Muting the audio is not the main concern here, it's not being able to pause or stop the video feed in the background and it's eating up bandwidth.

Whenever I log in this weekend, this Budweiser concert streams over anything I WANT to listen to.  If it were my kind of music, it might not be so bad, but like so many of the recommendations Spotify has for me, it's way off the mark.  It's like the Spotify programmers have decided that user interests do not matter. 
VERY aggrivating

Thanks!

Hi!

Many people have been complaining about this. If you hover over the video player, then there should be a mute button you can click.

There is no way to stop it streaming.

Liam

Somehow this crashed my computer, not happy.

Suggested posts