Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain playlists have crossfade

Solved!

Certain playlists have crossfade

Certain playlists have weird crossfade that I don't like. I've checked my settings and it says crossfade is at 0s. How do I get rid off this crossfade

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Aime123, thanks for writing!

There are some playlists in the Electronic/Dance genre that are curated in a way that the songs' sequence reproduces something like a DJ set, with beatmatching. This way the transition between songs gets smooth and synched.

If you don't like it, I suggest a workaround by copying the songs and adding them to a new playlist made by you, so that this kinkd of crossfade doesn't happen.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Aime123, thanks for writing!

There are some playlists in the Electronic/Dance genre that are curated in a way that the songs' sequence reproduces something like a DJ set, with beatmatching. This way the transition between songs gets smooth and synched.

If you don't like it, I suggest a workaround by copying the songs and adding them to a new playlist made by you, so that this kinkd of crossfade doesn't happen.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Wonder if we can create this kind of playlists?

Hey @didididiicey, it would be a great feature indeed, but it's not available for users yet.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Can a beatmatching feature be made for our own playlists? I'd love that, the crossfade doesn't always transition nicely

Suggested posts