Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Closed] [Contest] Win a Sonos PLAY:3 with your playlist creation

[Closed] [Contest] Win a Sonos PLAY:3 with your playlist creation

FEB 23rd UPDATE: We're back to announce our tropical winner! In short, the playlist that made the most members of the Community team smile on Friday was this Totally Tropical playlist from @Abracastabya.

Thanks to everyone that participated and stick around for more news about future Community contests. 

Ever fancied getting your hands on a shiny new Sonos speaker? Love curating playlists? Well you’ve come to the right place!

That’s right, it’s competition time! And this time it’s a big one. The lucky winner will receive a Sonos PLAY:3 Wireless HiFi Player - a must have for any audiophile.

To win, you’re going to need to don your brightest outfit, start sipping some sweet pineapple juice, and get creative. Your challenge is to create a 12 song playlist that perfectly fits the title "Totally Tropical". Why this theme you ask? Because in Sweden and in England it's cold and dark and quite frankly we're half frozen. If you need an indication of the vibe we’re looking for, check out the picture of @Greg  below.

club tropicana.png

To enter, just post your 12 song playlist in this thread. The preferred method of entry would be a Spotify Play Button:

1. Right click the album title. 

2. Click Copy Spotify URI.

3. Go to the Spotify Play Button site. 

4. Paste the URI in step 2 where it says "Paste the link in the field below:"

5. Copy the code in step 3. 

6. Click Reply in this Music Chat thread. 

7. Click the HTML tab. 

8. Paste the code.

Here's one we whipped up earlier: 

The rules are pretty darn simple:

1. One entry per person.
2. Each playlist must contain exactly 12 songs, and none of the songs included in our example playlist.
3. The competition will close at 10am (Stockholm time) on 20 February, 2015. We'll then draw up a shortlist and Spotify Employees will vote for the playlist that transports them to a tropical paradise the most. 
4. Any unsportsmanlike behaviour will result in disqualification.
5. Only entries received before 10am (Stockholm time) on 20 February 2015 will be counted.

Good luck! 

49 Replies

Here is my playlist: Totally Tropical Tunes!

I'm attually quite proud of this 🙂

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Songs of Summer, tried to keep it as upbeat as possible.

Buenos días !

Tropical ! You said Tropical ! ... OK  🙂

Time for some sunshine through your speakers!

Here's my playlist!

I choose some accoustic songs, some quiet songs...

Mine.

Ace!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Profile!//Currently Cool Playlist

If I helped you or made you laugh or just was awesome, Kudo me?
If I gave you a solution, then click that 'Accept as Solution' button!

Ahh Summer is a great time!!! Here's a few summer tunes to warm you up!!!

Cheers 🍻

Wow what a fantastic prize! Here is my humble offering, for best results please wear a loud shirt, mix up a pina colada and kick back in your hammock with your headphones on. Cheers!

Hi! Here's my entry on the contest 🙂
Nia.

The summertime has come with this tunes!

Summertime dog

Here's a mix of old, new, and some guilty pleasures:

Suggested posts