Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help me why do I have premium features when I have free

Help me why do I have premium features when I have free

i’m having really bad OCD because of this I have this feature only on premium where I can take songs I still have ads I still have only six skips and those are premium features but I have one feature of premium but I don’t want that I have free I never signed up to even have premium never put a credit card on my phone and now I keep having panic attacks about it

11 Replies

Hi @NotDom, thanks for writing!

My first suggestion is that you check your account page so you can confirm your current plan status:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Also, keep in mind that Spotify is always testing possible improvements and new features so that might be the reason why you see different things in your app.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It says current plan free

Well @NotDom,

In this case I think you shouldn't worry about getting some Premium features, since you're not paying for it, right?

Anyway, if you need further help with this, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help you 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Moto G 7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hey! I just wanted to let Spotify know that suddenly my account was granted Premium features, which I didn't pay for. For some reason, I can choose songs freely instead of only being allowed to shuffle in an artist's page or in the liked songs page for example. I don't know why this happened, I didn't do anything unusual.

Would be cool if you guys could fix this. Thanks!

Hey @Frozen_Statues,

Thanks for reaching out and for your honesty 🙂

Are you observing this behavior on your mobile phone or on a tablet/PC? Keep in mind that the experience on those platforms differs and the latter allows you to play songs on demand with ad interruptions. If this happens on your phone, please send us a few screenshots or a video of how things looks on your end so we can investigate further.

Keep us posted!

Take care,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm observing this on mobile. Here are some screenshots.

Screenshot_20221013-093854.png
Screenshot_20221013-092943.png
Screenshot_20221013-093111.png

Hey folks!

Thank you for reporting this in the Community!
To keep the space tidy, we've merged the threads we have on the matter in one place.
We also did some digging and it turns out this is an ongoing test 🙂
Enjoy the new features, all is well 😄

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have had my account for months now and all of a sudden I have all of the premium qualities on my free plan. I checked and I don’t have any free trial or subscriptions. Is this normal?

Same here. I can choose songs and there aren’t any ads. However, I can’t listen offline and it still says free account. I originally thought I accidentally used my free trial for premium but no bc I don’t have my cards connected to Spotify.

I have access to premium features (no ads, song selection, & multiple skips) however, I never paid for premium and when I go to my account it says free. I have also not used a free premium trial so I am just confused. Is this happening to anyone else?

Enjoy your Free Premium guys 😂

They might do it on purpose. You get hooked to these features and then they will take them away. Some of you will get Premium.

Suggested posts