Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many daily mixes do you have?

How many daily mixes do you have?

How many daily mixes do all of you have, and what genres of music are they?

12 Replies

Well, I have 6 Daily Mixes. Sometimes they change, but most of the time I have at least 3 of them consisting of some electronic music and one representing the likes of Captain Beefheart, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones etc.

Right now one represents music similar to MGMT, Muse, Radiohead and such as well due to me listening to older faves.

I always have one Daily Mix with Amon Tobin inside.

Once I had a Daily Mix consisting of music from Renraku the label.

What about you, @jaiwareham? ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have 3! 1 is Pop-Punk Rock, 2 is usually pop/singer-songwriter (though 1 and 2 sometimes switch, 3 is musicals/broadway/choir music. Used to have more but apparently I'm back at 3.

I have 6, then my discover weekly and new releases. Daily mixes popped up more as I listened to more generes.  My playlists are similar to @Sebasty actually. I love mgmt!... Like the real genuine mgmt thats not mainstream. I don't even like the word "mainstream" hahah. Im looking for help for one of my playlists, i want it to be like beetles, mgnt, moody blues, deep forest, pink floyd trippy feels with good lyrics and mix between like chill step type, funk, and sick afro drumbeat like dc gogo or guitar solos

@jaiwareham

They should reappear as you keep on listening to various tunes. ๐Ÿ™‚

@cole_searching

Well, 'mainstream' doesn't have a good sound in it :') Anyway, there are many genres I might probably never understand or like, such as korean pop and stuff Amon Amarth (for example) is doing. I actually prefer mumble rap (or emorap, as that's the preferred name) to k-pop for some reasons.

(is emorap not mumble rap or is it a subgenre????)

The playlist you're looking into building sounds awesome! I'd definitely recommend putting various tunes of the artists you mentioned into the playlist and than look into the similar songs shown at the end of the playlist (you can also turn on Autoplay, it's in Preferences), or you can go to Radio menu, click the 'Create new station' button, search for this playlist and take a listen to that radio station.

I like that the Daily Mixes have improved quite a bit. Not long ago they were pretty much repeating songs I've heard, but now they play songs and artists I've never heard before. It's really very cool!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mine are really a sharp variety since they're all over the map but are so overly listened to that the categories are still mostly the same right now lol...hah I know them all by heart but for **bleep** and grin I'll share em:

First one is general alt rock/alt metal, that's been there from day one

Second is basically pop music, one of them mostly being pop as I have been a late bloomer with mainstream and still have a heckload of love for guilty pleasures and pop in general. Two others are chillstep and downtempo chillout and the other, most unique is lofi; I've had a major infatuation with that genre lol

But on the subject of mainstream pop?

THIS ONE I LOVE, take me back to 1999 lol. I don't like how the music video had a 

TITANIC SCENE BECAUSE TITANIC CAME OUT IN THE LATE 90S NOT THAT YEAR FOR PETE'S SAKE. oh well. **bleep**

spotify:track:05mAIVLkIWc2d1UBYZBCp8

I have 5 daily mixes, and they contain hip-hop, r&b, and meme songs. I like a variety of music, I am always up to listen to some fun music and also lots of sad songs. 

I have 6, some are pretty eclectic. I'm a daily premium user, so maybe that impacts the number of mixes? 

• Mix 1: Chillwave psychedelic electronic
    • Neon Indian, Ariel Pink, Washed Out, Toro Y Moi, Warpaint
  • Mix 2: Rap / Hiphop
    • Childish Gambino, Pusha T, Teyana Taylor, Kendrick Lamar, ATCQ
  • Mix 3: Country 
    • (for my BF)
  • Mix 4: Oldies? 
    • I played Runaround Sue and **bleep** Woman for an event.. and now I'm into oldies I guess? 
  • Mix 5: Lowkey Moody Electronic & Tropical House
    • DRAMA, Big Wild, MSTRKRFT, Chrome Sparks, SG Lewis
  • Mix 6: Dance & Pop
    • Jax Jones, Years & Years, Khalid, Major Lazer

It'd be nice if Mix 4 changed to indie/rock/acoustic or classic rock (I've listened to Led Zeplin and AC/DC more than Perry Como and Paul Anka). Or even alt R&B. But, oh well. 

I have 6, and consistently. This has been the case from the beginning, like a week ago. I migrated my library from Apple Music with over 7000 entries. I also signed up 4 years ago but I didnโ€™t use it more than 3 hours in total in those 4 years. 

Sorry, I know this is an older thread. Aside from the complaint that โ€œhiddenโ€ tracks still play ๐Ÿ™„, my OCD says life would be better with seven daily mixes*. 

* and maybe an option to add a few basic rules of your own... eg, length of playlist. 

...and shuffle. 

one night i got into looking up symphonic metal lol ...... also i made up a genre for flumme..... i call that music argile dubstep because it sounds like fancy. if you know any other music like that lmk .... and ...
myymusic has been repeating lately but i like chiller stuff like moderator now

As I work with projects for record companies and artistic offices, I need to hear a little bit of everything, so during the day I end up listening to many musical genres. And I love listening to new artists...

I have six daily mixes.

Hardstyle, Rawstyle, Dancecore, Gabber, Hardcore.

hpguru_0-1655232947986.png

They are usually good mixes, I just wish they could do more genres.

I also listen Dubstep and Frenchcore hardcore music and there's nothing like this even if listened recently.

Suggested posts