Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to play music without affecting "daily mix" or suggestions?

How to play music without affecting "daily mix" or suggestions?

Hi!

One of the greatest things in Spotify is the music suggestions that are made automatically based on what you listen. And also the "daily mixes".

However, there is something that usually occours with me. I use my spotify connected to car radio or some other player in a party/workplace, and play musics and playlists for everyone to listen. But these musics are not my real music style, they are musics that most people on car/party/workplace like (but not me).

Spotify should have an option to "disable statistics collector", that I can turn-on before playing music for everyone... So I don't have my daily mixes messed up with musics that I dislike.

How can I forward this community report to Spotify developers?

Thanks,

4 Replies

Hi

I have the same problem. I am surprised that you had no answers for almost a year...

One solution could be letting users have the possibility do create different profiles like Netflix.

I would have one main profile I use 95 % of the time and a second profile for instance for parties. This way what I play during parties don't affect the suggestions on the main profile.

I listen only to electro and classical music. After a party, I have many more kinds of music in my suggestions....

If someone can help us...

Thanks

Hey @vdiebcad,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

One way of making sure that the music you play doesn't affect your Daily Mixes is by downloading a playlist for offline listening and then switching Offline Mode on. This will ensure that the music that plays isn't taken into consideration by the algorithm that determines what goes into your Daily Mixes 🙂

If you'd like to suggest something a bit more specific, or if you have an even better idea, then go ahead and create a new idea in the Community and get others to support it. If it gets enough votes from other users, Spotify might consider implementing it in the future!

Hope that helps - let us know if there's anything else we can do 😉

Apparently, switching to a private session doesn't count towards the stuff considered for daily mixes and such.

I don't see how this would work when playing Spotify through Sonos.  Am

I missing something?

Suggested posts