Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let's introduce ourselves!

Let's introduce ourselves!

Hey there you,

Yeah, you! 😁

Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community!

While you here, let's have a fun game and get to know each other better!

The game is simple: 

Find the latest comment and hit reply > comment to say hi! 👋 to this user and then introduce yourself in a new post:

1. What's your name?
  2. Where in the world are you?
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment?
  4. When did you start using Spotify?
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc!

Let's go 🙂

🌟 Star tip: you can switch to threaded view to find and answer to greetings from other Community users! 

1,103 Replies

Hi I'm Michael, 

I am very particular about songs I put on my Playlists because I like to have uninterrupted jam sessions but these darn recommended songs keep ruining my experience. I know what I like, and what I want to hear.  Is there a way to turn off recommended songs all together, its a useless feature to me. Or who do I talk to to make that happen? Thanks for your help

Name: Troy

Where: Florida

Track: I Might Be Wrong / Radiohead

Start Date: Unknown

Fun Fact: I confuse genres

Heeey😊 So my name is Maraya and I'm in Bulgaria🇧🇬. My fav track right now is probably 'CALMNESS" by MVTRIIIX, Kingpin Skinny **bleep** and "Don't Say Goodbye" by Alok, Ilkay Sencan, Tove Lo.

CALMNESS

Don't Say Goodbye

I started using Spotify maybe 5+ years ago and it's a fun fact and a little embarrassing... Sometimes i confuse music genres😬

1.  my name is elisabeth:3
  2. i live in america(in a shitty state too lol)
  3. <top> 
  4. i started using spoify about 5-6 yrs ago
  5. i love music v much and i’m a hippie/goth girl lol🖤

Hi! My names minty! I'm from New Zealand, Fav track is : TRUSTFALL - P!nk , Started using Spotify around 2020? And my fun fact is I'm a content creator :)!

1. My name is Rusi
  2. I`m from Burgas, Bulgaria
  3. Africa(My No.1) - Captain Planet Remix
  4. I started using Spotify in 2014 but I don`t remember exact date.
  5. If you want to look good dressed you have to look good undressed.

1. My name is Ruben. Just a Newbie in town. A pleasure to finally be here!

2. I live in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

3. My favorite track right now is BBQ by Almas Band:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2uB8bhNsysskw2jBYsNpcd

4. Started using Spotify about eight or nine years ago, maybe around 2014 or 2015, almost around that time.

5. A fun fact: Saying that Puerto Rico is the only colony in the world is overrated because Samoa is also a colony of the United States.

The county where I live is the same place where Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez (Mars Volta guitarist) was born in.

I'm Ivan
I currently live in Poland
my favorite track - remember. (OM.) 

https://open.spotify.com/track/6wriD4m7xnnK99BAH4VJs7?si=82d9520765ee4cb6

I started using spotify on the recommendation of a friend and have been using it for 3 years if not more.
I would like to add lyrics to the album 

https://open.spotify.com/album/1mzoE4C54cd6vHxnn4uqd1?si=UeKtP4uGSQKA800rsMVvFg

Intro

Music background: So I have been singing songs since I was 5 years and when I was entering my teens I started loving EDM
(electronic dance music) as the EDM scene was rising all over the globe as a fan of all genre of music “most of them” I was fascinated by it and started producing beats and making house,dance hall & dubstep types of beats and songs but as I was turning 16 I had to leave my passion due to personal reasons and during this time I started listening to HIP-HOP and I believe it’s the best thing that ever happened to me , for a guy who use to listen to Michael Jackson and mostly pop & indie genre artists including Bollywood artists like Rafi and Atif Aslam , I loved all kind of music out there but HIP-HOP just hit different for some reason.

Songs that I am working on: Inspired by artists/rappers like DRAKE, Travis Scott, A boogie wit da hoodie, lil tjay, juice wrld, kid Laroi, Justin bieber, Divine, Nazey, AP Dhillon and many more these specific artists and rappers are doing the best in the music industry and business the youth loves them and I do too
so I am making all kind of songs out there but personally believe that my art needs to be shared and heard globally so that’s why I have released more English songs till now but I have some major amazing unreleased projects in Hindi and English just waiting for the right connections and platform to do this in a right way .

Spotify And YouTube stats: With over 35k streams on all music platforms Spotify alone as around 30k but as I have not worked on my YouTube channel I have very few subscribers and views and for Spotify I did pitch my song to some playlists some of them were free and some I had to pay and that’s why I have a decent engagement on my Spotify.

Goals with Spotify community : As I said just need right connections and support , with right people guiding me to the right path I can have this blessing to share my art with this world . If any record labels signs me through the help and connections of Spotify community I can almost assure that we can make history together

IMG_2572.png

Hello 👋 my name is Donnel Johnson im a 5 star 🌟 podcast host for like 7 years or more let's network my shows are all over and you all are dope!

Hi there..👋🏻

My name is Unmesh, I'm from India 😊

My taste in spotify is pretty mixed up like sometimes I hear pop music sometimes rap and other stuff..

I use Spotify like everyday..

Hi, Bill Baker here and I live in the UK, near Lincoln, a forgotten backwater. I don't really have one favourite track, but have recently discovered Parov Stelar and enjoy them.  I started using Spotify quite a few years ago and have been very happy with it until recently, this new sidebar has got me really angry. It serves no real purpose just makes the screen cluttered and less easy to use. Apple Music is looking good.

Hi, Billy!

What's your name: My name is Minh Khôi
Where in the world are you: I live in Vietnam, located in Northeast Asia
What's your favorite track at the moment? I found one step at a time on February 16th, 2023 through elias's Tiktok and I'm glad I did. It has stayed in my head ever since and just is my go-to song. I'm also enjoying What if and Don't Freak Out (the HTML isn't working so I can't put it here)

-

When did you start using Spotify? I started properly using my Spotify on June 12th, 2020
Share a random thought/fun fact etc! I do agree about the sidebar cluttering the desktop app, especially when the app is not maximized, not as much as when the program is wholescreen.

1. What's your name? - Thomas / blackmarket (playlist)
  2. Where in the world are you? - Düsseldorf, Germany
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment? Parlours - Hacienda (Debut single, new indie-rock from UK)
  4. When did you start using Spotify? - That was too long ago, can't remember it
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc! - Support emerging bands under the radar! Best live on-site!

1. What's your name?  Andrew
  2. Where in the world are you?  Western Canada
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment?  Liszt, Annés de pelerinage, https://open.spotify.com/track/4j2Wx1IKL2ZP1aTecFUBlW?si=ff924c34ea934e96
  4. When did you start using Spotify?  Years ago, can't remember, only recently signed up again.  I'm blown away by how the app has matured and grown. 
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc!  Spotify is gaining 100,000 new tracks a day now.  Is all this really in the listener's interest?

Desozaa here!

It's good to be here in the spotify community.

1. My name is James
2. Dallas Texas
3. Playing right now.... The Thrill is Gone.  B.B. King
4. Strange fact. 45 years ago I co-produced a B.B. King/Son Seals concert. I paid King in cash and watched him stuff it in his sock backstage before he played.
5. Started using Spotify ten years ago+ when it first arrived on the scene.  Have subscribed off and on since.

I will always have a few tech questions.  I like to share playlists with non-members.  I'm familiar with the 7-day link expiration, but beyond that will my shared link expire? Are my non-member friends allowed to save the link -- say in a Chrome bookmark indefinitely?  Please share an introductory link on the concept of a "collaborator".  The links I share with non-members are "gifts".  There is no collaboration, per se.

Many thanks to the Community.

Hi guys for some reason the email verification is not coming through to my email address - any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi, I'm guessing you like kayaking, do you use Spotify on the go a lot, what devices do you use? 

1. My name is Casey.
  2. I'm in the United States.
  3. My favorite track right now is Satellites by September. 
  4. I first used Spotify in February 2018.
  5. My favorite color is blue, though I've been trying to add more of a mix to my closet recently and stopped buying as many blue shirts as I used to. 

Suggested posts