Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question Of The Week : What song would you play for the whole world?

Question Of The Week : What song would you play for the whole world?

Happy Friday everyone 

Kudos to you for making it through yet another week.

This also means it's time for a new QOTW. ✍️

Say, hypothetically, you found yourself in control of the aux in a set-up where every single (and married, lol)person in the universe was listening.

What song would you play and why( if you can share)

Its not as simple as your favourite song but rather it has to be one most people would vibe to. Let's take a page out of your music library  🖤🎧

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
23 Replies

Any Becky hill songs hahah

Off the top of my head, all quick like ...

I believe I'd have to go with "Doses & Mimosas" by Cherub. Definitely a vibe all could nod their head to or tap their foot to. 😁😎

Ooooooohhh, this might be the toughest one just yet! I thiiinkkk I might go for this one: https://open.spotify.com/track/3cwrYbdU4eJkVXiH2USGid?si=8Bo1ParaTDCrYq2G9J7QOw 😄 🏝☀️🌊
HuboSpotify Star

Not that easy to answer. Let's say I would be pragmatic and chose something everyone could agree with. So, my choice will be this song from 1971 by the band Ten Years After which is not only a great song but was also a master piece when it was played live.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

I'd go with this track in hopes of making everyone get up in spontaneous dance and bond over the silly choreography 😄

spotify:track:6mhw2fEPH4fMF0wolNm96e 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I wouldn't mind at all listening to this track out of the blue everywhere, it is an amazing piece of music! 🎶

That description made me wanna listen to it - here's a link just in case someone else has the same idea! spotify:track:1h3dDDnSrrRa2sFoE5AmEF 

Can agree, I kept nodding my head along to the music 🔊

Thanks to everyone for sharing 💚

Not surprising but I actually know none of the songs which were shared.

Works just as well, there's very few things I like as much as discovering new bangers 🎶

I find it hard to answer this myself lol. First thing that I think of, has to be real vibey and energising. But I look into my library and so many songs which don't fit that  description pop up.

I would play this song because I think it's a masterpiece. Might dampen the mood but hey, I'm the DJ 🤣

Have a great week ahead everyone ❤️

TaylithSpotify Star

Around The World- Daft Punk. Just for the heck of it. Plus they have to listen to the 7 minutes. 

Earth - Lil Dicky

Hello the community spotify

my choice will be too on the music of  20st Century with nena 99 luftballons ; steppenwolf Born to be Wild ; Let It Be The Beatles ; Hey Jude The Beatles.

I wouuuuuld!! 💃
HuboSpotify Star

Nice

Greatest love of all by Whitney!!

I'd play Zombie by Day6 https://open.spotify.com/track/3h34cQPPddk4x9cluPIAvv?si=5061928458ac454e 

I feel like a lot will relate to it due to what's been happening lately and it gives me the excuse to promote them worlwide 😁

Great question, @Taylith!

If I could play any song for the world to hear, I might choose “Master Of Puppets” by Metallica:

spotify:track:5cW3DEWYYv0tXZMwcUZNRg:small

I think Metallica is the artist I’m following on Spotify with the highest number of monthly listeners at the moment; and of all the songs by Metallica that I return to for re-listening, this one has the most streams and is currently ranked highest up in their list of Popular tracks on Spotify—so, in addition to representing a band that I think many people can vibe to, this particular song seems to be highly favored. I wouldn’t be taking a big risk by choosing to play “Master Of Puppets,” but I think that’s okay considering the goal is to choose a song that I expect many people will like.

Personally, I remember first hearing “Master Of Puppets” as a kid while on a trip to Lake Tahoe, from my parents’ car radio. I don’t think I’d heard any songs by Metallica until that time, and I was very impressed with this song; it's one of those cases where I can appreciate and perhaps understand how a track has become so highly popular.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks for sharing @AdamDam 🎧🖤

I haven't heard the song myself but I guess now I will.

If it's one of their most popular tracks, then I guess it takes into account that most people have to like it so yeah, thanks.

TaylithSpotify Star

Suggested posts