Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question of the Week: What would your artist name be? (Band or Solo Artist)

Question of the Week: What would your artist name be? (Band or Solo Artist)

Hey Community,

It's time again for the "Question of the Week". 🙂

This week's question:

*** If you were in a band, what would your band name be?  ***

OR

*** If you were a solo artist, what would your artist name be?  ***

🎵 🎤 🎸 🥁 🎹 

You get to pick. Are you going to be in a band or are you going to be a solo artist? Tell us the name of your band or the name of your solo artist and why you picked it. A duo would also be considered a band in the case. If you are going to be a solo artist please come up with a stage name. This is supposed to be a challenge, using your real name is just too easy haha. You can include your first name or last name in the solo artist name like some artists do, but it should be different than your real name.

If you are already in a band or are an artist, let us know the meaning behind your name!

If you're up for the challenge, you can answer both questions "band and solo artist name" if you want to.

Bonus internet points if you also let us know what band(s) or solo artist(s) you will take inspiration from or hope to sound like in the music you make and include a link to their Spotify page.

Post your answer below to be part of the conversation.

You can view the previous Question of the Week threads by going here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
13 Replies

If I was in a band, my band name would be "Blue Monkeys" 💙 🐒

My favorite color is Blue and I like monkeys. I think it would be an awesome band name. I can just imagine people saying "Hey y'all, I just discovered this cool new band called "Blue Monkeys" and their sound is awesome!" The visual of blue monkeys for the concert or album artwork would look pretty cool. I did search Spotify for the name and there are a few with the same name but none of them have really taken off so I think it would still be a good name. It's hard to come up with an original name these days so I think no matter what you pick you're going to have a hard time with originality, but as long as there isn't a huge well known band with the same name already I think it's fair game.

My band would take inspiration from the following bands and artists. Not sure if my band would sound similar but I would definitely take inspiration from them. These are just a few of the ones that popped into my head first.

A R I Z O N A:

spotify:artist:7hOGhpa8RMSuDOWntGIAJt:small 

OneRepublic:

spotify:artist:5Pwc4xIPtQLFEnJriah9YJ:small 

Linkin Park:

spotify:artist:6XyY86QOPPrYVGvF9ch6wz:small 

NOTD:

spotify:artist:5jAMCwdNHWr7JThxtMuEyy:small 

Boy In Space:

spotify:artist:0xu4jAQQv7ZAqvFGdc9HgP:small 

As for if I was a solo artist, that's an easy one. I'm already sort of a solo artist. You can find my "Matt Suda" artist page here. I'm not sorry if you are all of a sudden hungry for noodles or peanuts.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Good Men, Bad Music

Community Ergo Sum

@Goodman 

That's such a good band name 😂 🤣

MattSudaSpotify Star

Oh, tough question! I think I’d go for something like Deep Blue Sea 🌊 and make music similar to this: https://open.spotify.com/track/7k7lT4K4hTJc3eEAX7euuk?si=3WD_viKNSsOCWVYgdS_9sg 😎

HuboSpotify Star

Viva La Mila - I just thought of it randomly lol inspirations: avril lavigne, alessia cara, olivia rodrigo 

dumptycunty this was an old username lolol sounds like a neat band name; vulgar & creative enough. Inspirations: paramore, stand atlantic, willow, maggie lindemann 

Not so good in Music. I just figured it's a pretty good band name 🙂

for a band probably something like "pretty poison" its rly rly cringe but all i can think of at the moment

@MattSuda    ---

OMG I had no idea! You have a new follower! I added all your music to my WEIRDEST OF THE WEIRD playlist! (Deez Nuts is in spot #6!)

As for me, if I was a band, I'd have to be.... X PERRY MENTAL! (What does it mean??? Say it out loud!)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5jLCeuB1o75huDD8Y0yCMn?si=ef6ae40795884497

@XPerryMental 

Thanks for adding me to your playlist! I will check it out. 🙂

MattSudaSpotify Star

@Goodman I'd definitely prefer to be that way round. And anyway, how bad can the music be..?

Great question! One band name that I think would sound cool is “Sleep Of The Black Lotus,” which I thought of after browsing the titles of songs in my Spotify library and noticed this song:

spotify:track:607UyLaRRinnZrtim7VWSK:small

“Black Lotus” is also a Magic: The Gathering card, and I used to enjoy playing that game as a kid.

In this ideal hypothetical scenario, I think it would be fitting for my band to play stoner rock, since Wo Fat play music in this genre (along with some psychedelic doom influences), and we’d be named after one of their songs. Stoner rock is also my most listened-to genre as of late, and I think it would be awesome to be a member of a band that plays this genre (probably with some inevitable psychedelic rock and stoner doom influences as well).

Some other examples of stoner rock artists that my hypothetical band would draw inspiration from include:

Sleep:

spotify:track:5JxiNWr4gZtK0tEBIHXzK0:small

Kyuss:

spotify:track:0StO1AR9wWQ5SmGPKklV5u:small

The Re-Stoned:

spotify:track:0y2NUl56JibWNKcFpF9XPu:small

Colour Haze:

spotify:track:6s5BwPPzz4bdY5aUHWzqAE:small  

Elder:

spotify:track:779yzSKfuVgQhwS5Kuj247:small  

King Buffalo:

spotify:track:3pSQzoCF9QvhRNjGhjT8Af:small 

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Plastic Dragees, I think it'll be a post-punk revival band( just like The Strokes ←They're my favorite band but I can't play any instrument 😞

Your name should be original.IDon't call yourself the thing that you DO.

Suggested posts