Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question of the week: What are your "pumpkin" songs?

Question of the week: What are your "pumpkin" songs?

Pumpkin season is upon us! 🎃 And very soon we will be carving those orange buddies into scary lanterns and dressing up like ghosts - and Dark Knight’s Joker for some reason…

Today’s Question of the week is pretty straight forward:

What song or band can you think of that sings about pumpkins or has the word “pumpkin” in its name?

You can also go ahead and share some Halloween related tunes if nothing else comes to mind.

I’ll start with the most obvious choice: 

spotify:track:6GtX0jaNL8IjVQfrDBx81z 

Let’s go! 🎶

NikolaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
4 Replies

Great question, @Nikola!

I couldn’t find any songs or artists referencing pumpkins in my Spotify library, so instead I’ll share this instrumental dub reggae song by The Robotiks and Jah Shaka, from The Robotiks’ Haunted Halloween Dub album:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7fbjerF8AlMCF4lCkyEiyG?si=b253ec7b56e74d14

The title and artwork for this album are both Halloween-themed (there are also jack-o'-lanterns on the album cover, so pumpkins make an appearance here—at least in a visual sense).

While the song itself doesn’t sound particularly spooky to me (and I’m not sure what “chanting down the wicked” would have to do with Halloween), I think it sounds quite nice.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here, in France, Halloween is not really a big thing. It, mostly, concerns only kids. Teenagers and adults are not really into it. It's considered as a typical American thing.

Nothing to compare with what it is in USA. I remember, when I was living in New York, to have been really surprised to see stores totally dedicated to Halloween, full of accessories and costumes. I had the opportunity to go to Salem (Massachusetts) and it was fun for a "tourist", as I was, to discover a city dedicated to witches. 

Nevertheless, even not being into Halloween, as a music lover, I have crafted a playlist dedicated to it with songs which could be related, by their sound or atmosphere, to this celebration.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I didn't know any Pumpkin related songs, though I vaguely knew of a Helloween song title having "Pumpkin" in it, because of the mascot being a pumpkin, so I looked it up, and I checked it out. It seems like this is what you're looking for. And since I don't know anything other ones, I'll share my Halloween playlists.

Absolute Horror

Dead

Follow me

Here's a Halloween themed song I've always thought is AWESOME!  Enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/track/04N3X9vfSzIpkgnD15pCzz?si=30028e3343b7471d

Suggested posts