Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question of the week: What do you think globally of your Spotify Wrapped 2021?

Question of the week: What do you think globally of your Spotify Wrapped 2021?

Hello everyone;

It's Friday, as usual it's time for the Question Of The Week

What do you think globally of your Spotify Wrapped 2021 and, for you, what Stat(s) define(s) the most the kind of listener you are ?

Beside that : if you want share more stats with the Community you can visit this dedicated topic :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Chat/2021-Wrapped-Share-your-stats-with-us/td-p/5306842 

Thanks for participating with us to the Spotify Community 😊

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
18 Replies

My Wrapped 2021 reflects very well what my listening has been this year.

The Stats defining the most the kind of listener I am are :

378 different genres listened - 6,273 different artists listened.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

While it got more accurate this year, there is still a lot of **bleep** in my Wrapped 2021 that I have never listened to. How can that happen? For instance my "Top artist". I don't even know the artist and am pretty sure that I never listened to any songs by that artist. The top 10 artists in my Wrapped are total strangers to me. Is somebody else using my account or is Spotify not as smart as it appears?

Ami me pareció bastante bien, pero estaría bien  de implementarlo cada fin de mes 

Every time I see people sharing their Wrapped I think I shoulds post mine too but then I remember mine is terrible haha. I've definitely discovered some new favourite artists/songs this year but I don't really think it reflects it all too much. I'm (mostly) fine with that since I spilt my listening time between different apps so my data is always gonna get a bit skewed.

The inability to exclude playlists = Wrapped in no way represent my taste in music.

I use playlists to practice, a lot, and these are songs I do not listen to outside of practice or playing live.

I've seen unworkable workarounds offered, but until Spotify addresses this I just need to know how to delete the Wrapped playlist as it in no way represents my listening preference.

Nice conversational question @Soundofus! I had nowhere close to your numbers haha (only had around 119 genres for example), but that's to be expected. You listened to quite a lot of artists! I'm actually a bit sad my Wrapped this year didn't have many instrumental pieces. My top track of the year was actually a surprise to me - I wasn't even aware I listened to it that much haha.

My favorite part was the aura, which kind of explained a lot about my listening trends! My top music moods are motivation and focused.

All in all, it looked great 🙂 

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I love how my Wrapped 2021 turned out! For the past years, it's always so accurate for me 🙂 It makes me so excited every time we're launching Wrapped 😄 I've been sharing it to my social media accounts and tagging my favorite artists (hoping they would react haha).

I like how 2021 Wrapped creates a story like a movie with soundtracks. It reminds us of our favorite songs this year which also brings back happy memories. 😊

It contains garbage that has nothing to do with my preferences because I played music for my kids and am not allowed to remove their nonsense suggestions.

@leroybrock - I think @Loneliest_Cabin will relate to this - the sacrifices parents make for their kids...

@erickMA08 - Hey! A playlist I personally like to check often is On Repeat: you can find it under Made for You, and it updates ever 5 days or so with the songs you've been listening to the most recently. It's not at the end of every month, but it's perhaps the closest thing to a reflection of what I listened to this month. Let me know what you think!

Wrapped 2021 is cool. Though one of my devices won't play the Aura until the end, but the experience and excitement to see my one year of "can't live without Spotify daily" is awesome. I can see that it's perfectly me!

I'm new  here, but love it very much. I just have to be careful not to overload my playlist with all the great singers. I love the relaxation music  particularly at work and great for stress. I love the fact that I can continue listening  to my music without internet connection in the car. 

I'm presently listening to the Gospel music for Christmas and love it

I love the movie soundtrack bit of my Wrapped. Makes my imagination create the scene based on the song given. 🙂

@Ian_Cat1 - The AI is unreal - the fact that it can assign an emotional value to a song like that. My guess is the formula involves an analysis of key words in the lyrics which match up to each movie moment (e.g. "The big kiss" or "The moment of reflection"), in addition to frequency and genre. So good 💚

AGdl3sNc3H.png

Great topic, @Soundofus!

Overall, I thought that Spotify Wrapped 2021 presented a creative and accurate summary of my listening this year. In addition to the usual statistics, I thought it was cool that at the beginning, the Wrapped story included 3 songs that would fit into a movie, if my 2021 was a movie. In particular, I thought that this song that I listened to a lot this year could definitely be the soundtrack for the scene that they assigned it to:

IMG-2909.PNG

As for the statistic that most defines what kind of listener I am, I’d say that my top 5 genres for the year define my listening habits the best:

1. Space rock
  2. Doom metal
  3. Jam band
  4. Heavy psych
  5. Psychedelic doom

These genres seem fairly accurate (although slightly different from the ones that appear on last.fm; for example, “stoner rock” is not listed on my Wrapped 2021 stats, despite this genre being nearly consistently the top genre according to my weekly last.fm reports). And compared to top artists and songs, I’d say the top genres encompass a greater variety of bands that I’ve listened to this year and let me know in a more general sense what kind of listener I am. 

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

My Wrapped was fun to see, but I don't really know how to answer that question.

Perhaps the genres? I love d&b, halftime and bass music in general. I don't know where that "wonky" came in from.

Wrapped did represent my undying love for certain artists and songs, but it represented the tip of the iceberg for me. : )

The movie thing was an interesting touch.

SebastySpotify Star

I get often songs in my "suggested playlist" or "my mix of the week" that I never will listen too. They do not match any kind of music I collected in my playlists. Thats one reason why I do not change from free to a pay account. Even did not find anything about this in the faqs, community-blogs.

Suggested posts