Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question of the week: Who are your 'track twins' ?

Question of the week: Who are your 'track twins' ?

Good day everyone 💚

Another week down, you're on a roll 😄

In this post I'm looking for two songs in your library which you both love and have very similar titles.

Basically, they're both good and the names are close enough to make you think about the other when you're listening to one.

Ofc, top preference goes to those which share an exact title but still, let's hear it.

I guess you're fortunate if you happen to know three of them and if so, I shouldn't limit you. Go on.

I'll share mine in advance

Novocaine 

and 

Novocaine 💓

Take care  🎧🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
11 Replies

Great question, @Taylith!

I couldn’t decide which track twins to share from my Spotify library, as there are a few instances of different songs with identical track titles there; so I hope you don’t mind if I share a few examples instead.

One example of track twins that I enjoy listening to (although I can't remember if I've listened to these two songs in succession before) is “Andromeda” by Sageness and “Andromeda” by Mantra Machine; both songs are by instrumental psychedelic stoner rock bands:

spotify:track:6XGZhosAtB18NdlafWAhzO:small

spotify:track:1zizFNq9BnZfhlBS75PaIr:small

Another example that's related to constellations is “Orion” by the thrash metal band Metallica and “Orion” by the psychedelic stoner rock band King Buffalo:

spotify:track:1J6aXHOMNalN2YGLpVAD7e:small

spotify:track:549IprPsrPiQZVZRhp8JFD:small

I also like “Scavengers” by the stoner/desert/space rock band Maha Sohona and “Scavengers” by the desert rock band Slomosa quite a bit:

spotify:track:6YSLlmfb6taF1hwv2w1D1X:small 

spotify:track:3JRpb0bz336MjT7nUBS0xY:small 

And lastly, another example of track twins that I enjoy listening to is “Sun” by the psychedelic rock band Akṭōpasa and “Sun” by the stoner/psychedelic rock band Colour Haze:

spotify:track:5Bsx6DejeXOJpzMppQct6U:small 

spotify:track:6dX4J44ZrD6SMitaIRK6J9:small 

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks for sharing @AdamDam .

No need to apologize  for sharing several pairs. 

It's better that way 🎼🖤.

I'll be adding these and others yet to be listed into that playlist I made for  the QOTW Tracks.
I believe I've shared  the link and it's always on my profile.

Take care.

TaylithSpotify Star

Addicted To You, Shakira and Avicii

I've got a few, although one pair isn't the same name but they're still really similar.

One of them is "Used To" by Lucidious  and "Used to" by Josh A. Don't have a similar sound but the name is the same 

The other pair is "Let you go" by Josh A and "Let me go" by NF. Not the same name but they catch me off guard sometimes

heyy ! 

here are my twin songs, 20 and 18 (both by the artist DEXCORE) but since it's the same artist and album i thought it was cheating lmaoo

Hello everyone! I'm new, but super excited to be part of this community. 

My track twins are songs from two talented female R&B artists who coincidentally remind me of each other. Their names are Keyshia Cole and Summer Walker. How do they remind me of each other? Because they pour their heart out into their music and I can feel the emotion when I listen to their work.

The songs are:

spotify:track:08SB2OtZkaliju77WYEKxk 

spotify:track:759b29QKmhaVSAuMp6AfWr

Fun fact: "Enough of No Love" was originally titled "No Love," but Keyshia's label felt the former was more fitting. 😊

Well @Taylith, you have disturbed my morning with nostalgia. I went through THOUSANDS of saved songs to find twin songs and what a timehop experience it was!

I am honestly shocked at how few songs have the same name actually. I picked two pairs!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0ofHAoxe9vBkTCp2UQIavz?si=241a19da86e44423 and https://open.spotify.com/track/4JGKZS7h4Qa16gOU3oNETV?si=0787869900da4a5b
https://open.spotify.com/track/2CWOMDYFK4Ef3867nEhnVM?si=e251a91f04c246b7 and https://open.spotify.com/track/2b8fOow8UzyDFAE27YhOZM?si=bc8d8c76586a41a7

I had a few more, but I'll behave and not overshare!

Fun idea!

Here’s some that came to mind:

”Mother”

Pink Floyd

John Lennon

”Closer”

NIN

Tegan and Sara 

“Stupid Girl

Garbage

The Rolling Stones

”Vertigo”