Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There is no Spotify option on my Denon Ceol N8 anymore

Solved!

There is no Spotify option on my Denon Ceol N8 anymore

I dont no why but after an automatic firmware update my denon ceol n8 doesnt have Spotify anymore.

Is that normal? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify on Ceol N8 (without Spotify Connect feature) it was always useless for me. Today, after update, Spotify disappeared from my unit, but ... appeared Spotify Connect on my smartphone (iphone 6s)! It is more better for me them "ordinary" Spotify on Ceol and works great! For me - very well. Check for Spotify Connect on your smartphone.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

YEAH!!!!

Spotify disappeared because the "old" Denon CEOL N8 now supports SPOTIFY CONNECT!

That's GREAT!!!

Marked as solution

Thanks for your smart answer !
If I wanted to play Spotify with my computer I wouldn’t have bought a stand alone system which was born with Spotify service. Don’t you think so?

Marked as solution

First, I am amazed at the abuse simple questions on this forum are subjected to. The original poster said they missed being able to connect to Spotify from their CEOL. They then get abuse from people who like to manage Spotify from their PC or phone - which totally misses the issue. The poster did NOT want to use their PC or phone. How about a little respect instead of abuse.

In my case my Denon (not Spotify) App on my phone can no longer find the CEOL as a DLNA client.  I also cannot find the the CEOL as a DLNA client on the other non-Spotify apps I use, like QNAP Music Station, StreamTo etc.

It is like Spotify has taken over sole management of my CEOL!  The CEOL is now bricked apart from playing Spotify.

Marked as solution

After getting some advice from Bosko (Denon rep Australia) to retest with a direct LAN cable instead of WIFI it turns out it the problem was caused by my home LAN WIFI setup.

I have three WIFI access points around the house, and two were on the same Channel !

After setting the APs onto different channels (1, 6, 11) the CEOL is now visible via WIFI as it was before the firmware upgrade. From my NAS I can see the CEOL; from the CEOL I can see my NAS; I can see the CEOL from my Denon android app; and Spotify on my PC continues to see the CEOL. All good.

So it looks like conflicting channels causes considerable issues with UPnP in particular (in additional to the usual problems).

24 Replies

Same here ... Update done, no more Spotify ... ceol + spotify is horrible from the beginning... unbelievable **bleep**

Same here. After firmware today (Denon RCDN8, Dec,3rd,2017) Spotify disappeared from all menus, even in remote app. Only last.fm left.

Dear Spotify: Arrange to solve it, otherwise I jump off from your platform ! In Nov 2017 you sent me several mails informing me that everything will be better after the firmware download!

Marked as solution

Spotify on Ceol N8 (without Spotify Connect feature) it was always useless for me. Today, after update, Spotify disappeared from my unit, but ... appeared Spotify Connect on my smartphone (iphone 6s)! It is more better for me them "ordinary" Spotify on Ceol and works great! For me - very well. Check for Spotify Connect on your smartphone.

SAME HERE!!!

😞

Anyone has the Changelog from this Update?

On the denon site i can only find the changelog from 2015....

THX!

Marked as solution

YEAH!!!!

Spotify disappeared because the "old" Denon CEOL N8 now supports SPOTIFY CONNECT!

That's GREAT!!!

Spotify connect It's better than the embedded spotify app it's a good change for me.

This is a very stupid thing !

Ceol was an INDIPENDENT system able to play Spotify without using your mobile phone ! That was great.

Now you MUST use again your phone and CEOL it is working like a simple music box.

The problem is that everything has to run through your mobile phone now:

- battery life will reduce drastically again.

- If you are talking on the phone, Spotify cannot play any music.

Very, Very, Very STUPID firmware upgrade.

Exactly.

We have happily used Spotify on our Denon for 3 years.It came out the box with Spotify (and Lastfm-never used it) and now some **""!!!*+£ has messed it all up.

**bleep** WELL NEEDS SORTING FAST. Totally p**** off!

"This is a very stupid thing !" - Really?

"Ceol was an INDIPENDENT system able to play Spotify..." - True.

"...without using your mobile phone." - True, but that was useless. I tried control Spotify on my CEOL8 by the aid of remote. Royal road to nervous breakdown.

"That was great" - No, that wasn't.

"Now you MUST use again your phone...." - Not again! I HAD to use my phone ALLWAYS! Why? See up!

"The problem is that everything has to run through your mobile phone now" - Stop talking nonsense! The mobile phone now is only to control Spotify app. on CEOL.

I explain:

1. You start up the Spotify on smartphone.

2. Choose a music (album, playlist etc.)

3. Tap and music play.

4. Down on screen you see "Shared units".

5. Choose CEOL Spotify Connect.

AND NOW:

Ceol starts automatically, music play and you can turn your phone off (if you want).

You can control playback music by the remote now: forward, backward, stop, pause etc.

"- battery life will reduce drastically again." - Nonsense. That was, when I used AirPlay to transmission (have iphone). Fortunately, that is "past tense", have Spotify Control now.

"- If you are talking on the phone, Spotify cannot play any music." - Succesive nonsens. When Spotify on CEOL play any music, your phone "is free" and can make anything. Even talking 🙂

"Very, Very, Very STUPID firmware upgrade." - Think it over.

Fact is: We all bought a stand-alone-Systems. This system had bugs from the beginning. No it‘s not a stand-alone-System.

The Money we‘ve paid for, was without bugs, of course!

Hey guys, in my opinion a firmware update is no supposed to take a feature. I don’t have a smart phone and I cannot use Spotify anymore!!! Thank you Denon for nothing!!!

Use your computer...

Marked as solution

Thanks for your smart answer !
If I wanted to play Spotify with my computer I wouldn’t have bought a stand alone system which was born with Spotify service. Don’t you think so?

You can use computer to play spotify on ceol, you dont need phone

I know that! Thank you!
The only thing I’d like is my CEOL to play Spotify ALONE: without a phone, without a computer!!!!

The only thing I’d like is my CEOL to play Spotify without the remote control unit to use (horrible). That is possible with Spotify Control now - on smartphone, laptop, tablet etc. Ceol is still stand-alone-system with Spotify onboard, but with another, better control now. For me great and must have feature.

If you control the CEOL with your phone/ laptop or whatever it means that is not a standalone system any more ...,

Spoiler

Standalone, not standalone - it's only definition. Not important. Important is, that I can control Spotify on CEOL easy and comfortable now - thanks to last update. Without use of AirPlay (battery drying), without to play around with remote control unit. I never used Spotify on CEOL in native form (directly from unit), so disappearance of this app was unnoticed for me. My opinion of last update is: Great! Better late them never. But I understand that you take a poor view of them, of course.

Marked as solution

First, I am amazed at the abuse simple questions on this forum are subjected to. The original poster said they missed being able to connect to Spotify from their CEOL. They then get abuse from people who like to manage Spotify from their PC or phone - which totally misses the issue. The poster did NOT want to use their PC or phone. How about a little respect instead of abuse.

In my case my Denon (not Spotify) App on my phone can no longer find the CEOL as a DLNA client.  I also cannot find the the CEOL as a DLNA client on the other non-Spotify apps I use, like QNAP Music Station, StreamTo etc.

It is like Spotify has taken over sole management of my CEOL!  The CEOL is now bricked apart from playing Spotify.

Suggested posts