Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There is no Spotify option on my Denon Ceol N8 anymore

Solved!

There is no Spotify option on my Denon Ceol N8 anymore

I dont no why but after an automatic firmware update my denon ceol n8 doesnt have Spotify anymore.

Is that normal? 

24 Replies

I tested my system (after update): my Denon App on my phone can find the CEOL as a DLNA client and I also can find the CEOL as a DLNA client on the other non-Spotify apps I use, like AllConnect, 8player, Jamcast, Serviio etc. I think, is unlikaly you have problems due to Spotify.

Hi bikerbodzio

Thanks for that feedback; wondering if you have any suggestions - I'm thinking maybe there is some LAN/upnp issue?
I've tried resetting the CEOL (up/down volume etc - 10+ times); leaving it unplugged for 24 hours to get new LAN lease; setting static IP address etc.

I can no longer see the CEOL as such on my Android phone Denon App (but you can!) - but I can connect via an IP address.

The CEOL no longer finds my QNAP NAS, or Windows PC as DLNA servers - "Music Server" just returns "(Empty)".

My QNAP NAS cannot find the CEOL as a DLNA client.  StreamWhatYouHear (windows app to stream to DLNA) no longer connects to CEOL.

I'm in Australia - maybe we got a different firmware update to you?

Marked as solution

After getting some advice from Bosko (Denon rep Australia) to retest with a direct LAN cable instead of WIFI it turns out it the problem was caused by my home LAN WIFI setup.

I have three WIFI access points around the house, and two were on the same Channel !

After setting the APs onto different channels (1, 6, 11) the CEOL is now visible via WIFI as it was before the firmware upgrade. From my NAS I can see the CEOL; from the CEOL I can see my NAS; I can see the CEOL from my Denon android app; and Spotify on my PC continues to see the CEOL. All good.

So it looks like conflicting channels causes considerable issues with UPnP in particular (in additional to the usual problems).

That's actually a loss of a functionality.

Guys, 

Please tell me if it is possible to use Spotify on RCD-N8? 

I wish to use phone for this. 

Thanks

Suggested posts