Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Winner announced] New Spotify Premium giveaway challenge! Now with 3 months!

Solved!

[Winner announced] New Spotify Premium giveaway challenge! Now with 3 months!

Challenge over! Gibbonacci become the winner! Congratulations for the effort! I'd also learn that it the numbers was the best part of the challenge for reference to a follow up soon. I also apologize for the mistake with the fourth letter that didn't exist, very sad about that mistake.
Update:
The intended pronounciation if that applies in the questions is intended to be in Swedish. Feel free to drop any uncertain things here.
Happy friday!!!
If you didn't got enough challenge at your work this week and want three months of Spotify Premium, please read on below:
I would like to give you a little challenge where you could get three months of free spotify premium!
The premium code below has lost some of it's characters which can be found by the hints described followed. The first one who solve this puzzle should ASAP redeem it code (before someone else do it) and will three months of premium listening paid. The code is
*R*EyYp*pP
where the * is the lost characters.
To solve the puzzle, you need to listen to this record carefully and answer the questions below:
Listen carefully in the song below:

Hints
The first letter
The first letter is a number ( 0 < x < 9 ) that is resembling the amount of total piano keys in each sequence that are equal to themselves with a factor of total strokes per chord (think the nice beat). 
The second letter
The second letter is a letter which usual pronounciation is accomplishing a sound somehere in the track. It starts to sound in the middle of the song, in the calm down after the first piano hook has ended (the middle of the song). It goes up and down continously...
The third letter
Listen carefully to the trance riff. How many levels does it goes per beat plus 1?
The fourth letter
In addition to the piano melody, there is a stroke of beep melody preceding the piano chords. If you listen carefully, the sound is not unlike a common soft wovel. The letter is the letter after the soft wovel alphabetically.

40 Replies

2 & 3: Listen to the sound again, and think if it sounds like a wovel

Listen to the piano strings and count how many hits it are per segment: da di da dam. da da  (pause) di da  da di dam

8RaEyYP4pPB .......? is that it?

John Brophy

on mac you could make a app in the top of it so it much more  easy to go on spotify and you can go on the internet and still have spotify open in the top of the screen and in the box there pop up when you click on it. A play botten and a replay botten.

Hey people, stop adding Accepted as Solution to all posts. You win nothing if you do it...

And I can remove solutions eg. undo your "solutions". That's it!

The first letter
If you think only of piano keys you'll count 11... But after the first 3 keys there's a 4th key that looks like a synth but it can be a piano key too... So we'd have 12 keys in each sequence. Factoring with total "strokes" (if we think as beats) per chord of the synth that would be 12 / 4 = 3. If we take the word "factor" with it's real meaning, both 3 and 4 are factors of 12, so it can be either 3 or 4.
The second letter
For me it sounds like a swedish H, but I'm not 100% sure.
The third letter
This one is easy, just count how many times the beat divides on the trance riff (at the near end of the track) and add 1.
The fourth letter
Common soft vowels in swedish are E, I and Y (ä and ö aswell, but they wouldn't add it on the redemption code).
I hope this helps, I'm tired =P

And BTW, what's the point of brute-forcing it? People are aways trying to get advantage out of something... Come on, for 30 bucks? Put yout head to work.

What's the status of the giveaway?

If noboy on monday have managed to solve the questions, I will reval one letter and make it easier for you.

Hi everybody!

As nobody of you seems to manage to solve the puzzle, I will provide an additional song that will help you out to solve the question. The code again, is 

*R*EyYp*pP

You now have three songs  (including the first song) to use in order to get hints to solve the missing characters.

Formula of Love - Subway

The subway version will provide these hints:

1. Letter 1 (Number): How many times is the sine sound that goes up and down repeating in the current sequence x 2 (in pos 1:00) ?
  2. Letter 2 (Letter): On Formula of Love - Subway there is a background sound that hisses in large parts of the song, with inspiration from science fiction, and if you try to loud it, what letter is it sounding like (Swedish)?
  3. Letter 3:(Number) Throughout the song Formula of Love - Firespot there is a riff synth, that has a sequence. How many steps is it in every riff per 4 x 4 unit - 2? Listen carefully.
  4. Last letter: (Letter) In the Bugalow song, There is a woman chanting. Her chant is sounding a letter that is the second hard vowel, which the one we looking for is the letter alphabetically after that wovel.

If nobody manages to solve this by Monday 23th, 2012 12:00:00 CET, I will reveal one of the letters that not yeat has been solved.

2RuEyYp6PPe hmmm doesn't work xD

You're very close

2RuEyYp6pP

Correction, there was no forth missing character, I was wrong.

You have three characters to find out.

I'm assuming that the first number is either 4, 6, or 8.

The letter I've not been able to narrow down.

And the second number I believe must be between 1 and 9.

This means there are only 702 possible codes left to try! Smiley Tongue

Did you actually try to find out the letters by listening to the music or by just brute force?

I wish I didn't have to guess anything that sounds Swedish. I'm a Brazilian living in the US, so there's no way I can speak Swedish 😛

nice

@user-removed wrote:

2RuEyYp6PPe hmmm doesn't work xD

hmm

OK Everybody,

let's make the life a little easier:

*RZEyYp*pP

Marked as solution

Wahhoooo! I won! Thanks for this competition!

Whilst being very hard, It's a cool way to do a competition and you should do more like this. 

Again, thanks a lot!

Challenge over! Gibbonacci become the winner! Congratulations for the effort! I'd also learn that it the numbers was the best part of the challenge for reference to a follow up soon. I also apologize for the mistake with the fourth letter that didn't exist, very sad about that mistake.

To all whose didn't won: Watch out this forum for new challenges coming soon.

Suggested posts