30 day offline limit

30 day offline limit

IKRH

Hey,

I work in the offshore industry and got Spotify premium because it should have been perfect for drifting the high seas. However, I have found that after 30 days I have to re-sync with the servers or the offline mode stops working. This can be difficult when your closest internet source is a couple of hundred miles away and the captain is often unwilling to port call for this sole reason.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks

3 Replies

Re: 30 day offline limit

Joe
Community Legend

That's to make sure you still have an active premium subscription but I can understand that this can be difficult for someone in your situation. I'm not sure if anything can be done but get in touch with the support team here and they may be able to come up with something. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Peter__
Community Legend
Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do from experience of asking before. Even if you pre-pay for more than one month, the application enforces it must connect at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription is still active.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

If you are often off shore and out to sea you might look into investing in a Broadband Satellite terminal, or a sat phone set up with wifi hot spot capabilities for internet access. This should at least allow you to synch your devices at least every 30 days to keep your spotify playlists playable. That is about the best option I can think of right now.

SUGGESTED POSTS