Ad Filters

Ad Filters

Thorondor95
Casual Listener

Guten Tag, Spotify community. This is my first post, so give me some leeway.

I have an idea for Spotify that I am surprised and dissappointed that it hasn't been suggested yet. I have been forced to try to ignore a rather lude Nicki Minaj ad for a while now, and it is ruining my listening experience. I am simply asking for an ad filter that can filter out explicit music ads, ads containing nudity and cursing, etc. This is getting ridiculous, Spotify. Not every user is above the age of 18 and is willing to see what is basically **bleep** while trying to enjoy their music.

Thorondor95

Jesus Saves

4 Replies

Re: Ad Filters

musicajet
Composer

Hi @Thorondor95,

well you certainly have a point, and yes it was mentioned before: you can vote for it here

Like you I'm not fond of ads. However since the artist of the music we listen to deserve to get paid, it's the choice between ads or paying a bit for premium and have the ads-free experience (my choice).

Good luck and have a nice day

Thorondor95
Casual Listener
It's not the ads I mind, its when Nicki Minaj publishes an ad showing her
without clothes that I get concerned.

musicajet
Composer

Hi @Thorondor95,

an ad filter would be good, I agree, let's all vote for it (see link posted above)

jms272
Casual Listener

I want to add my voice here too.  I have explicet songs in my library that I listen to when I choose and I totally get that ads pay the bills.  But if I can't trust that spotify will play appropriate ads when I'm listening at home with my kids then we'll have to stop using it.

SUGGESTED POSTS