Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Solved!

Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Why can't I do this.

Please, refrain from saying:

1)You can just drag them from the bottom to the top! Please

... this is unmanageable to do for every single song you add to a playlist.

2) Sort playlist by newest added

... then you can't rearrage the songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jgspotify,

Thanks for suggesting this idea in the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that there is an existing idea in the Idea Exchange with this suggestion - just head here and add your vote.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Hope that helps! FYI - we've marked this post as the solution for the sake of visibility.

Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

52 Replies

I am also in need a solution, did you get an answer anywhere?

Whis is this going to be added.  Such a simple setting!

This is especially a problem in other software that uses Spotiy playlists as a source and where you cannot re-sort according to date, like Sonos.

Yes, need this.  Please Spotify add this to settings.

Yes, want this too please!

That's what i thinking. Please spotify.

Hi, you can do this. Go to your playlist on your IOS devise(iphone for me) - scroll all the way at the top - next to the search bar there are 3 HORIZONTAL lines --- not the dots---  its located directly to the right of the search bar

Hit the 3 horizontal lines - and you can organize it by hitting "recently added".  Hope this helps!

@clovell wrote:

Hi, you can do this. Go to your playlist on your IOS devise(iphone for me) - scroll all the way at the top - next to the search bar there are 3 HORIZONTAL lines --- not the dots---  its located directly to the right of the search bar

Hit the 3 horizontal lines - and you can organize it by hitting "recently added".  Hope this helps!

read post properly please 🙂

Thanks for trying to help but this is not a solution to the issue at hand. What you suggest is to manually move the tracks from the end of the playlist up to the top. This is particularly annoying when moving multiple songs. What users have been requesting for a long time now, is the ability to add tracks to the top of a playlist by default.

Yep agreed.  This is not a solution.  We are not asking to sort by recent we are asking to add new songs to top of list. Again should not be that hard to impliment.  I don't want to change the sort order of my songs, I just want to move new ones to the top of my playlist that has 7 pages of songs in it.

Thanks

This would be great! It's nice that you can order songs by Date Added, but not being able to re-arrange songs when you do, kind of ruins it.

My playlists are mostly ordered by Date Added, but really great songs stay higher on the list, longer. It's a hassle to have to drag each song from the bottom to the top.

Hey Dapper - you can actually re-arrange songs by dragging them manually however that's not what we are asking for. We're simply asking for a preference to available to add songs to the top of a playlist by date added, descending order, by default. 

Hi all, 

The only solution really is to sort from recently added

Step one: open playlist

Step two: select the three dots at the top right hand corner 

Step three: select the edit option

Step four: Swipe up from playlist so that the filter bar comes up

Step five: select the three lines icon to the right of the filter bar

Step six: select which setting you want you playlist to be sorted by.

Hope this makes sense 🙂

fjsk.JPG

But really, this is not a solution to this problem. Your non-solution makes sense however our problem clearly does not make sense to you.

Thank you someone talking sense at last - filtering does not solve the problem as it rearranges playlist orders.  If I Shazam a track and add to playlist or add from another list it goes to the bottom. The track then needs to be moved and on iOS app it’s a long finger drag to the top for each track. On a pc “ctrl X” can cut multiple tracks and “”ctrl V” can paste at the top but can't be done on iOS mobile. Please sort this Spotify for tracks newly added to playlists to go to the top!

I am legitimatley dissapointed that is an unresolved issue. I just moved all my iTunes playlists over to Spotify, and I organize my playlists all like this. It makes sense, right? You would rather listeners hear the "new and best" tracks as the first thing they hear by default. I think so many people's playlists would get so much better this way.

Pleas spotify we need this....

Totally agree that this should be possible to set as a preference for each playlist. 

well maybe you are the one who needs to re read what that person says. cuz it works for me. Obviously, you were to quick to judge. Ain't no body needs your scarasm. 

Suggested posts