Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: SOLVED Re: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Casual Listener

Yep agreed.  This is not a solution.  We are not asking to sort by recent we are asking to add new songs to top of list. Again should not be that hard to impliment.  I don't want to change the sort order of my songs, I just want to move new ones to the top of my playlist that has 7 pages of songs in it.

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

This would be great! It's nice that you can order songs by Date Added, but not being able to re-arrange songs when you do, kind of ruins it.

My playlists are mostly ordered by Date Added, but really great songs stay higher on the list, longer. It's a hassle to have to drag each song from the bottom to the top.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey Dapper - you can actually re-arrange songs by dragging them manually however that's not what we are asking for. We're simply asking for a preference to available to add songs to the top of a playlist by date added, descending order, by default. 

Highlighted

Hi all, 

The only solution really is to sort from recently added

Step one: open playlist

Step two: select the three dots at the top right hand corner 

Step three: select the edit option

Step four: Swipe up from playlist so that the filter bar comes up

Step five: select the three lines icon to the right of the filter bar

Step six: select which setting you want you playlist to be sorted by.

Hope this makes sense 🙂

fjsk.JPG
Highlighted

Casual Listener
But really, this is not a solution to this problem. Your non-solution makes sense however our problem clearly does not make sense to you.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

If you go to your playlist then scroll up (by default it will open the playlist with the first song at the top but there's some more stuff above that). 

To the right of the "Filter" line there's a button with two lines and an arrow; from there you can sort them by Recently added

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just saw that's not what you're looking for.

Sorry 😕

Highlighted

Re: SOLVED Re: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Thank you someone talking sense at last - filtering does not solve the problem as it rearranges playlist orders.  If I Shazam a track and add to playlist or add from another list it goes to the bottom. The track then needs to be moved and on iOS app it’s a long finger drag to the top for each track. On a pc “ctrl X” can cut multiple tracks and “”ctrl V” can paste at the top but can't be done on iOS mobile. Please sort this Spotify for tracks newly added to playlists to go to the top!

Highlighted

NOT SOLVED: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

I am legitimatley dissapointed that is an unresolved issue. I just moved all my iTunes playlists over to Spotify, and I organize my playlists all like this. It makes sense, right? You would rather listeners hear the "new and best" tracks as the first thing they hear by default. I think so many people's playlists would get so much better this way.

Highlighted

Pleas spotify we need this....

SUGGESTED POSTS