Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Casual Listener

Totally agree that this should be possible to set as a preference for each playlist. 

Highlighted

Re: SOLVED Re: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

well maybe you are the one who needs to re read what that person says. cuz it works for me. Obviously, you were to quick to judge. Ain't no body needs your scarasm. 

Highlighted

Re: SOLVED Re: Add New Songs to Top of Playlists

Casual Listener

Can you please explain what works for you.

Highlighted

Fully agree! I was goong to ask for An improved integration with Alexa, so that you can choose to start playlists from “the most recently added”/how you have sorted them in the app (Alexa basically becomes useless for me now expect for to use as any other speaker + you can switch songs), but this is way smarter! Then you (Spotify) can do the developing in-house and it would work for all third-parties! 100% agree!!! Please 🙌🏼
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Spotify please make this possible. I've been waiting for this to become a thing for ages, its so annoying to have to drag/copy your new songs to the top of your playlist

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey @jgspotify,

Thanks for suggesting this idea in the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that there is an existing idea in the Idea Exchange with this suggestion - just head here and add your vote.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Hope that helps! FYI - we've marked this post as the solution for the sake of visibility.

Stay awesome 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is not a solution (it only allows a person to move single tracks to the top of a playlist).  We need the capability of having playlists automatically organized in reverse order to what they currently are... meaning the newest songs dumped into a playlist are found at the top and not at the bottom of the playlist.  

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Agree, this is not a solution. You should put possibility in Settings that we can choose where new songs go, to the top or to the bottom...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Why is this discussion marked "Solved", it is not!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Youtube has this exact functionality for their playlist and it's perfect. Why is a music only company incapable of understanding the needs and features of a listener? 

Youtube playlist settings:

- add new videos to top of playlist (on/off)
- send to top/bottom

These two features that youtube implemented is indispensable, 2020 and Spotify STILL does not have them. 

Another issue/feature is that YT does NOT revert order after you choose different sort order. This is exactly the problem of Spotify. It is not easily customizable. The people in charge think people just hit "random" and it's fine. A music company made by non-music fans with limited capacity. You need to think like a DJ. 

SUGGESTED POSTS