Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add all Songs of a Playlist to the Queue

Solved!

Add all Songs of a Playlist to the Queue

I have a Playlist with 114 Songs. Not too much. If I press the Play-Button, not all Songs are added to my queue. I've counted them and only 83 songs were added, not even 100. It doesn't matter if it was on shuffle mode or not.

This is very frustrating, because listening to Playlists becomes senseless when I can't listen to my Playlist, as I created them and wanted to.

So if there is a limit Spotify adds songs to the queue, than there should be the same limit while creating a playlist. Why should I add 10000 songs to it, when only ~80 songs get played?

Or let Spotify add ALL songs of my Playlist to my queue, so I can actually listen to them.

I had this issue on Desktop as well as on Android.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The playlist queue will show a limited number of tracks but the system will play your entire playlist. The queue works on a rolling algorythm so once a track is played another one is queued up - there's a continual add to the bottom of the list as tracks from the top are played. The systen will not cut you off at 83 tracks. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

The playlist queue will show a limited number of tracks but the system will play your entire playlist. The queue works on a rolling algorythm so once a track is played another one is queued up - there's a continual add to the bottom of the list as tracks from the top are played. The systen will not cut you off at 83 tracks. 

Hi. You really know how their system works. Why do you think they don't show the total # of songs? Or have they "fixed" this?  

Dave

It most certainly does cut you off.
I have a playlist of 3700 songs.
It loads 100 into the queue.

When the 100th song is done playing,

the music STOPS. 

If you press play, it reloads the same EXACT queue as before.

I don't think that it is this way. In my case that doesn't help.

Why the **** this is marked as solution???

Hi.

That is happening to me too. The songs fade out at the bottom of the screen, and that's where the music stops. Hitting play, plays the same songs. I would really like somebody from spotify to look into this.

How is this marked as solved!?

This is Clearly not the case!

I have a library of more than 1000 songs, when I go to the Songs tab on PC and press play only about 100 songs are added to the queue and when they finish playing the music stops...!

I'm playing the music on shuffle (but it happens also without shuffle) and when it stops and I press the play again and then shuffle it shuffles the same songs that I already played!

So not only the queue featute is broken but the shuffle is broken too and plays same queue each time!!! this is ridiculous for a paid software and supposed to be utmost importance!!!

please fix this asap.

Regards

This is definitely NOT solved. When it gets through my Play Queue, it restarts from the beginning with the first song I played. 

Let's get a real solution to this.

I agree.  This issue is not solved IMHO.  For me on Android, the queue limit is about 83. It appears to load another batch of songs when it gets to the "end" of the queue BUT it seems to do that you have to actually play that last visible song.  I pay for the premium version mainly to listen offline in the car so it gets even more frustrating to have a limited "visible" queue.  Basically all I really want to do is have ALL of the downloaded (or otherwise) music in a playlist be available in the queue after I hit shuffle on it (even if I have to pull down for more would be fine). 

I won't get into the known "limited shuffle/random" issue too much here as but I suspect they are related.  The limited queue and shuffle issues are eventually going to be dealbreakers for me.  Sadly I have tried a couple of other platforms and they have similar queue/shuffle issues.  These seem like very basic features to me.

This isn't a solution, but it might help a little? If you're on desktop and go to the playlist, you can press Ctrl+A and then right click to add everything to queue (my longest playlist is only 262 but it added all of the songs for me). Huge con of that they don't get shuffled, but I've found that sorting by name usually mixes up artists and albums pretty well.

Again, definitely not a solution (Spotify, we're waiting!) but a limited workaround for when nothing else works.

same issue for me, adding a playlist via play deletes the queue....

Thanks for the answer! I have multiple long playlists (say, "Rock" and "Pop") that I would like to play in randomized order. Is there any way to shuffle the queue besides just compiling those two playlists into an amalgamate third?

Well if you are on Android good luck. The limit problem to a larger than 83
song shuffled playlist still exists. Of course it does not stop when it
hits that "limit" but essentially it does load songs. But it is the
randomness that is faulty. You will find that if you continually hit
shuffle and see what is produced there is a limited number of random sets
that are produced. You can move to the 83rd song hit next and then it loads
more but that next set is still a same set of "random" songs. I am a
software developer and am 99.9% certain it is the random algorithm or an
Android limitation. Tried it on other peoples phone s and same thing. They
just dont care as much as me because the main reason i have a paid version
is to listen offline. Too bad. I like the app better than Google Music but
the random is just an issue for me. Google Music has some similar issues
too. Doesnt seem that hard but so be it i guess.

Thanks. I use Spotify apps across a variety of devices, including android, but for situations where I want to "combine" playlists in randomized order, I would typically be using my computer, e.g. for a party or something (assuming that's ever possible again...). I can add all songs from a playlist to my queue, and assuming the queue loads more songs than the visible 83, the only real issue for me is randomizing the queue, otherwise it will play all my rock songs in the order that I added them, then all the pop songs I added. I did find a bit of a work around with Sonos. It meshes pretty well with Spotify, and the Sonos queue looks can be shuffled, even after adding the Spotify playlists.

Not a bad solution actually

Suggested posts