Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add artist to playlist?

Solved!

Add artist to playlist?

Is there a way to add an artist to a playlist? I just want some artists to be shuffled and grouped together in a playlist type without picking individual songs to add. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The only way to currently do this is to drag and drop all of the tracks from the artists you want into a playlist.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Marked as solution

The only way to currently do this is to drag and drop all of the tracks from the artists you want into a playlist.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please add the ability to add all of an artist's songs to a playlist.  It's ridiculous to have to do this one song or album at a time!

I just moved from Pandora and this is really annoying. Thinking seriously to go back to Pandora

Just simply drag and drop all of the tracks from the artist you desire to the playlist you want, I don't think there is any other way!

Thank you @PedroFVas but I feel sorry for whom doesn't have the pc available and wants to add The Beattles to his/her radio by adding each single song using the mobile. This doesn't sound very smart to me.

I do understand what you're saying but I'm not the one who makes the rules. I think you can also follow the artist if you want or if you really want to add all their music to one single playlist I guess you can album by album, clicking on thee ellipsis bottun and then click "Add to play List". @caputo

I got it and your solution it's a good alternative 🙂
Thank you so much!

Terrible interface

No sorting, no artist groups. Learn from Pandora!. Going back to it now!

This item is incorrectly tagged as solved.  The 'solution is that the product does not support this feature.  That is not a solution and the status should reflect that.  It should be put forward as a enhancement request by Spotify.

I built a free app to solve this:  playlisttools.com

You can quickly add all of an artists tracks to a new or existing playlist, filter out certain types of albums, or add an artist's top tracks.

Enjoy!

Not true,

1. Search the artist to go to their page.

2. When on the screen showing all albums, simply drag and drop the album cover into the playlist and it will add the entire album.

They want to be able to add all of an artist's tracks at once (all albums) to a playlist.  If an artist has 20 albums, right now you'd have to drag all 20 albums over one-by-one like you described.

Yes, but better than the suggested dragging of each song one by one...

This would be a really useful function to add. 

Spotify is ridiculous

Hi, I've created an app with this feature because I needed it for personal use.. Currently you can select an artist and create a playlist with all of his songs, in the future I'm planning to add the ability to merge the playlists because for now its easy to do on desktop so its not necessaryy. If someone else want to use it I've made it public play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.romanello.SpotifyTools

Spotify absolutely lets you sort playlists. You can use a custom sort for your own order, by song title, artist, album, etcetera. It’s easy to find on a computer, but it is also available on mobile: click on the column headers on computers, and use the options menu for the playlist to sort on mobile.

Artist grouping is an interesting idea, but I don’t see how it’s a dealbreaker for a platform not to have it. Spotify has a lot of content for a huge number of artists; adding every track they have on Spotify would also include remixes and the like, and depending on what you listen to that can make a very bizarre playlist that lacks cohesion.

My mother uses Pandora, and I’ve seen the way it works. It seems drastic to switch back to such a limited platform over one minor issue with Spotify, when you consider the multitude of ways Spotify is vastly superior to Pandora, but to each their own.

Our problem is neither sorting nor grouping.

We want an easy way to add every song an artist has to a playlist that doesn't has them.

Suggested posts