Adding music to Spotify

Solved!
Highlighted

Adding music to Spotify

Casual Listener

Hi everyone, I can't find an answer to my question.  I wanted to know who adds content from an a specific artist or how to get more of that artist's music added to the site.  There is one guy that I adore but there are only four albums listed and I know he has another one released, including several archive series of unreleased and live music.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Adding music to Spotify

Community Legend

That is sad 😞

You can find out who is in charge of this artist catalog. In Spotify, you could use the context menu on some song and choose "Show credits". Under "Source" it should show the company or the music label which submitted this song. Try to contact them by email/social media and ask them to add the missing album.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi @Melanie46

The availability of songs/albums in Spotify depends on the artist. Usually, they have some deal with music publisher which will submit the music to Spotify for adding it to the catalog. So if you want to make a request, I suggest to contact the artist directly by some official media channel like Twitter or Facebook and ask them to submit their music.
I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for answering jsann.  And if the artist that I'm interested in is deceased, what do you recommend?

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

That is sad 😞

You can find out who is in charge of this artist catalog. In Spotify, you could use the context menu on some song and choose "Show credits". Under "Source" it should show the company or the music label which submitted this song. Try to contact them by email/social media and ask them to add the missing album.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yes, it is real sad.  Phil Seymour, formerly of the Dwight Twilley Band.  Lymphoma killed him in 1993 at the too young age of 41.  ;_; He was so talented and under appreciated.  Thanks a million for your help.  I'll check out your suggestion and see what happens.  Have great day!

SUGGESTED POSTS