Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adjust Column Width

Solved!

Adjust Column Width

I find it extremely odd this feature is still lacking from the desktop app. It seems so easy to add. Many tracks have extra information added to the end that i'd like to be able to see, specifically live performance details. It's extremely frustrating not to be able to simple widen the song title column, especially when there are about 3 inches of completely unused space on both sides of the playlist comlums when the app is in full screen. When I am able to make this a feature suggestion, I urge you to vote for this feature to be integrated ASAP. It's been suggested MANY times but didn't receive the 100 votes required. It seems like something simple enough to just add that we should be able to skip the 100 vote requirment to attain such simple, basic functionality. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

the Spotify desktop app is a web-app, a route a lot of companies have taken over the past years. Because of this, software has become almost unusable on desktop and mobile. It's slow, is unresponsive, has high latency, and lacks simple basic functionalities, one of which you described.

It's mostly because it's much easier to find javascript developers than actual programmers. And your company devaluates to the lowest common denominator if management is not technical knowledgeable to understand this.

In short, expecting a good UX from a web-development company is a waste of energy. Just be happy when a song actually plays from start to finish without buffering.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @tinyjams.

Thanks for your feedback - we appreciate this!

Would you like to post the thread here so that people can find it more easily and vote for it?

Thanks 🙂

Post the thread where? This is such a flawed system. Please just add this easy to implement feature. Thanks. 

Hey @tinyjams.

Sorry for the confusion!

I just meant that you could post a link to the new idea that you wanted to create here so that people can find it more easily.

Hope that clears things up 🙂

I still can't post this idea, why do you have this flawed system in place in order to implemnt a new idea? This is basic functionality. Just add it. no need to make a post. Just please add the ability to adjust the column width. Please. It's really just a simple basic function that could be coded in .0005 seconds by your UX team. Just do it, no voting, no posting, just implement the change. 

I still don't understand what you're talking about. Where can I post this as a new idea with the voting process, etc? It's so clear that this entire system is a flawed way for us to feel that you listen to ideas when it's clear that you do not. 

Hey @tinyjams,

Thanks for reaching out to us again 🙂

Just head here to create a new idea - you can then leave a reply in this thread with the link to the idea so that others will be able to find it more easily.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if there's anything else 😉

**bleep** this shitty rigged voting system. I've waited over a year for this feature to be implemented. If it isn't in place by Jan 1 202 I;m going to cancel. THIS IS BASIC FUNCTIONALITY, NOT SOME OVER THE TOP CRAZY DEMAND. 

Marked as solution

the Spotify desktop app is a web-app, a route a lot of companies have taken over the past years. Because of this, software has become almost unusable on desktop and mobile. It's slow, is unresponsive, has high latency, and lacks simple basic functionalities, one of which you described.

It's mostly because it's much easier to find javascript developers than actual programmers. And your company devaluates to the lowest common denominator if management is not technical knowledgeable to understand this.

In short, expecting a good UX from a web-development company is a waste of energy. Just be happy when a song actually plays from start to finish without buffering.

Suggested posts