After playing a few songs, it starts to play a random song from a playlists on repeat.

Highlighted

After playing a few songs, it starts to play a random song from a playlists on repeat.

Casual Listener

So, I'm premium. I read about the AutoPlay, but is not about that. After playing a few songs of a group/album/list/radio, Spotify starts to play a song (it's not the same song, but it's always playing a song) and with no volume. That means that I can see how the song is finishing but I'm not listening to it, and then starting to play it again.

I collected more information about the issue. All the songs played seems to be from the same list or radio, but I'm not sure.

It happens with the software in Windows and it happens in my Amazon FireStick. I haven't prove it yet on my phone or my PS4.

It's quite annoying since none of the lists produced are going to be accurate at all and I use to play the songs that I listen the most for a long time and, since I sleep with lists on, and wake up with the same issue, all the historical data is corrupted.

2020-03-23.png
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: After playing a few songs, it starts to play a random song from a playlists on repeat.

Visitor

Similar issue here.

I have Spotify premium. I play Spotify both in my phone and in my echo dot.

I'll be listening to my playlist and suddenly the music will change to a random song I've never listened to. Sometimes I'm not playing anything and music will start playing in my echo dot (random song as well). It's quite annoying.

What I've realised is that the problem seems to be with the Android app because I uninstalled it and played music on echo and it seemed to work fine.

Any solution?

Re: After playing a few songs, it starts to play a random song from a playlists on repeat.

Casual Listener

Hey there!

After a day with no issues, I'm gonna write in here what I did in order to avoid this problem.

So, I thought it could be a phishing problem or something related. I log off from every device and change the password. After doing that, I had no issues yesterday and today everything is working just fine.

I hope that helps to everyone who has the same the very same problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS