Album Cover View / Grouping in Playlists

Highlighted

Album Cover View / Grouping in Playlists

joergwaschat

hi team,

just for a start: i LOVE spotify even more each day, and trust me, i was a heavy local "owning mp3", analog user. but this here is too good.

but: i just imported my complete 2000–2017 itunes bought music archive (via playlists —  sorted by musical styles, i.e. RnB/Electronica/ and so on) and will now use these to sort my music.

problem:

being in a playlist like "Alternative" with more then 10.000 songs in it, it’s completely non-usable when not seeing the album covers, or songs being grouped by album.

solution:

it would be great to, anyhow, group songs from the same album into one "package" like you do it in the "album view", and additionaly offer sorting functions (alphabetical/...)

and, in general:

it would  be great to see larger cover views.

i truly believe, that a musical experience is totally connected to an album cover.

when searching, you immediately get what you are looking for seeing an album. just before starting to read the band & title...

think of all the vinyl albums in your mind. you think of a band, and in mind comes the cover artwork, not just the text.

so it would be great to be more visual than text oriented (or 50/50) in future versions of spotify.

very best,

jörg 

IMG_3375.PNG
IMG_3376.PNG
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Album Cover View / Grouping in Playlists

detective889
Roadie

A poltential solution (though very manual) would be to create a playlist for each artist or album and then add all those playlists to an 'Alternative' folder by right clicking a playlist and selecting 'Create Folder'. 

As for the playlist cover view you can add your own custon playlist art via desktop by hovering over the current playlist cover and uploading your own. 

Doesn't completley solve the issue but it's a start. 

Highlighted

frank1266

I want to push this important feature. I am going to move my playlists from Deezer to Spotify. Spotify is better than Deezer in every way but Deezer has Cover Art view in Playlists.

IMG_9165.PNG
Highlighted

cupcakedream
Casual Listener

This should definitely be a feature. I'm a huge music collector, but I use Spotify in different ways than my album collection in iTunes. I will continue to use iTunes so long as Spotify doesn't have this feature.

The main albums view is unusable because it includes tons of artists and albums that i've only saved a single song from. If I want to listen to an album I don't want to see a million albums that I only like a single song from. Alternatively, I have a "Library" playlist for all my albums in Spotify. This playlist is also unsuable because I have hundreds of albums in my playlist and can't sort them by album artwork, the standard way album collections are organized.

It seems to me like this is a no brainer and my guess is it wouldn't take much effort to develop. It would help move iTunes users over to Spotify by giving users more flexibility in how they use the software.

Highlighted

Xentrix
Casual Listener

I'd like to give this thread a 'bump' as this is now relevant since the latest Spotify update. If you don't save the all the tracks on an entire album then it now won't show up under 'Albums' tab, so I cannot view these album covers anymore. Nor can I view the album covers in the 'Liked Songs' list - frustrating!! The old album view used to a perfect visual way of browsing through everything I'd bookmarked.

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

We just wanted to redirect you to the relevant idea for this in the Idea Exchange so that you can add your vote to it - just head here.

Hope that helps 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

cupcakedream
Casual Listener

That's not the same idea - they're only related because they both deal with album art

SUGGESTED POSTS