Album Version Radio

Highlighted

Album Version Radio

ssmith1993
Casual Listener

I am trying to play music at an event using Spotify radio, but there cannot be any explicit language, so I was wondering if there was a setting or way I could have it play the radio with only the album version, edited songs?

I tried to find a edited song and start a radio off of that, but explicit versions still came up. I also tried to create a playlist with multiple edited songs, but that did not work either. 

Any ideas? Thank you....

3 Replies

Re: Album Version Radio

Josh
Community Legend
Hello!

I think if it is an artist that has explicit songs, there is no way to block it out, other then finding the clean versions of the albums you went to listen to and adding it to a playlist (but no radio stations) it would be a good idea to add a "allow explicit material" checkbox in the radio station section, otherwise I know that for the most part Spotify plays the clean version more often then the explicit version.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Taylor
Community Legend

ssmith1993 wrote:

I am trying to play music at an event using Spotify radio, but there cannot be any explicit language, so I was wondering if there was a setting or way I could have it play the radio with only the album version, edited songs?

I tried to find a edited song and start a radio off of that, but explicit versions still came up. I also tried to create a playlist with multiple edited songs, but that did not work either. 

Any ideas? Thank you....

Hi, and welcome to the community!
Can I also point out that playing Spotify in an event is in violation of section 4 of the spotify terms and conditions of use. 'we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable licence to make personal, non-commercial use of the Spotify Service and to receive the media content made available through the Spotify Service in your Local Country, based on the Subscription or Trial you have selected (the “Licence”)'
This basically says you can use Spotify for personal use only. Playing it at an event or in a shop or anything on the lines of these would violate the rule.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

ssmith1993
Casual Listener

Thank you Anothony, I appreciate your concern. I am fully aware of the terms and conditions. 

Have a nice day. 

SUGGESTED POSTS