Allow music for different scenarios to be seperate

Solved!

Allow music for different scenarios to be seperate

Pam7
Casual Listener

Hi Spotify Team

I like to listen to piano music while I am at work, it helps me focus. Outside of work, however, I do not listen to piano music.

Therefore I would be very happy, if the piano music titles would not go into the "discover weekly" or the "daily mix" or other recommendations you offer.

I was thinking about a a sub-profile "me @ work" or "my music for concentration", or similar, but you are the experts.

Would be nice to not have the music I am actually not interested in all over my recommendations.

Thanks a lot for considering the idea

Pamela 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Allow music for different scenarios to be seperate

JCdotnl
Roadie

Hey @Pam7,

That's is true. But the private session is the best way to go at the moment. 

If you really want this to be a thing you have the option to start a new idea here. Best is to look first for duplicate ideas, here is one with 144 votes.

Keep Rocking

- Jordy

View solution in original post

3 Replies

JCdotnl
Roadie

Hey @Pam7,

Gladly there is a feature called 'Private Session'. If you click here you'll get a detailed description of this feature. 

- Jordy

Pam7
Casual Listener
Hi Jordy,

Thanks for your reply. On the help pages it says that the music played in a private session is used to create the personalized mixes. This is what I want to avoid however.

Is there a way to exclude some of the music I listened to from the mixes Spotify creates?

Thanks
Pam
Solution!

JCdotnl
Roadie

Hey @Pam7,

That's is true. But the private session is the best way to go at the moment. 

If you really want this to be a thing you have the option to start a new idea here. Best is to look first for duplicate ideas, here is one with 144 votes.

Keep Rocking

- Jordy

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS