Am I the only one who thinks Spotify's user experience sucks?

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Spotify's user experience sucks?

daniel__james
Regular

I didn't read the other replies but wanted to comment right away while I have a moment. Spotify hires some exceptional talent and organizes teams to foster the kind of pride in one's work that can only come from real product ownership. Their backend engineering organization is top notch and it shows in the quality of data delivery.

Does all this great backend engineering naturally translate into a fluid and enjoyable UX? **bleep** no.

In my personal opinion, Spotify's UX and Product Development is really dragging the whole company down. Their mandate is to get users consuming as much new content as possible, and they're all about the numbers.

I do not work at Spotify but obviously I believe I can shed some light on how most software organizations work.

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Spotify's user experience sucks?

DepressedUser
Regular

I honestly believe this could be done on purpose.

Since listening to what we want is difficult more people listen to what Spotify chooses for them. This way Spotify has control over what we are listening to and the can capitalize on it by giving use cheaper music to listen to (Some artists get payed more than others) or accepting payment from artists to push their new albums.

I hope I'm wrong and Spotify simply has a dimwitted Product department but it's getting really hard to believe.

SUGGESTED POSTS