Are all songs original?

Solved!
Highlighted

Are all songs original?

Regular

Hello everyone,

I have been wondering if all songs on Spotify are original (authentic)? I mean if they come officialy from the artists who made the music? And how does the music gets into Spotify?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Are all songs original?

Gig Goer

Labels and artists submit their own music to Spotify just like they would for iTunes. Spotify mentions how labels and artists can get their music on Spotify HERE. Spotify also speaks about how Artists can keep their Artist Profile updated on their website www.spotifyartists.com

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Gig Goer

Labels and artists submit their own music to Spotify just like they would for iTunes. Spotify mentions how labels and artists can get their music on Spotify HERE. Spotify also speaks about how Artists can keep their Artist Profile updated on their website www.spotifyartists.com

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Legend

@Bistany22 wrote:

Hope this helps!

@Bistany22 is absolutely correct! Keep in mind that labels and record companies are the only parties that can have legally provide music to Spotify. This is to ensure that there are no copyright violations and that royalties are paid as required by many nations' laws. 

Artists and labels can request that their music be removed at any point and Spotify will comply. Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

SUGGESTED POSTS