Attn Spotify

Highlighted

Attn Spotify

Casual Listener

Look I am not an un-reasonable person. I understand that if I use the service for free...i will have to put up with some ads. I don't have an issue with. What does bother me is this... today there is some ad of some rap person. If I wanted to listen to that stuff I would. But I don't. So now between the music that i like.. now i have to listen to that stuff?? It ruins the experience. If you guys are all about give me a user experience based on what I like.. why would i be forced to listen to stuff I don't like. I would MUCH rather listen to ford or bmw ad before that stuff. I cant believe you guys didn't think about that before rolling it out. I was just about to subscribe to. Now I think I will start looking at the other services available to me before I do that.

Just my 2 cents.

X

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Attn Spotify

Casual Listener

Oh GREAT.. while i am here typing this out... i get that ad again.... 3-4th time now i have been forced to listen to it in the last 1 1/2 or so.... Childish Gambino is the artist.

Really?????

If you keep pumping an artist at me that I dont like... you will for sure loose a customer / subscriber.

Stick with traditional ads PLEASE. I am sure you think its a great way to expose this artist to new people but... If this service

is based on me being able to control and listen to the music I like... you have fallen off the wagon.

I found out about Spotify by watching Charlie Rose.. feel free to show this to your CEO who was on the show.

I think your doing something not to smart... Just my opinion guys.

X

Re: Attn Spotify

Community Legend

hi @zXXXXXXXXz and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're running into annoying issues with the ads. You mentioned potentially looking at subscribing. Keep in mind that, if you subscribe, you will not get any ads, so it would be a moot point.

This is something that has been brought up before in a Spotify Idea and is being reviewed. Go to this link and add your kudos to get this one pushed through - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-adverts-relevant-to-what-I-m-listening-to/idi-p/5....

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

SUGGESTED POSTS