Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best Phone You Have Ever Owned

Best Phone You Have Ever Owned

Mobile phones are something that are now an important part of almost everyone's everyday lives. For me (being 21), I've spent almost all of my teenage years as the "texting generation", the images of all the teens with their phones that you could never get out of their hands - that was us in school. 

I'm interested to know other peoples thoughts on the topic. Although, maybe the title for this isn't quite right. I'm not asking about the "best" phone you have ever owned, because lets be honest, it is probably the one you have now as technology has moved forward at an insane rate. What I really want to know which phone did you love the most? I have a feeling everyone who loves technology will look back and there will be one or two devices that stand out for them. 

For me, there were definitely two phones that stand out. 

My trusty BlackBerry Bold 9900 

This device got me through my last year of school and my first year of university. By the time I got rid of it, it didn't look as shiny as in the picture below and it was starting to show it's age technology wise. However, a great device, beautifully made and kept me in touch with everyone I needed too.

bold9900

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini

Another device I had whilst in school in a gap between BlackBerries. This device was severly compromised, the size was what made it epic, at the time it was like a full smartphone in a tiny body and it worked really well. Disadvantage, battery life was shocking, I couldn't even get through the whole school day, nevermind a full day in the real world! But then again it was cheap and incredibly stylish, it's one of those things you shouldn't love, but I just did. 

x10mini

So over to you guys! What are your favourite or most loved mobiles of all time? Hell, lets even throw tablets into the mix if you want! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

26 Replies

Never really been a fan of Motorola..:S

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

First phone a Nokia haha
Then LG SHINE, LG COOKIE, HTC HD2, Blackberry Bold 2x (Worst phone ever, 2 times broken) and iPhone 4S.

Best phone so far iPhone 4S, great experience, long endurance

I'm going to come back and say that I really really love my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active - only offered by AT&T in the USA. 

Galaxy-S5-Active-Camo-Green.png

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I loved my old Xperia (Not X10) Mini Pro. I got him because I was phone-less and I needed a cheap phone. I was surprised, I even managed to get a limited edition which included a blue back cover and in-ear headphones. This guy was basically the little brother of the Xperia Arc with a keyboard sans the Arc. He had the exact same specs, except the screen had a lower resolution and it scored more than its big brothers on Quadrant/Antutu Benchmark because of that.

Keyboard was perfect, even though it was small! Both cameras performed really well and the screen was sharp. 

The only problem was the battery. If you forget to turn 3G off when you're not using it or want to play games, forget it because the battery is going to die in your face. I got so sad when I cracked the screen. I tripped and fell down the stairs... It was on my pocket... You can guess what happened.

Spoiler: I could actually take glass pieces from the screen and place them back as if they wer puzzle pieces...

xperia-mini-pro-black-sideview-android-smartphone-940x529.png

I currently have a 2 year old white iPhone 4S (okay, 1 year old since it's actually the second one, Apple replaced my first one for free because my Power Button stopped working). App Store is huge, Camera is awesome (except for the selfie unit), it's powerful enough to render all that fancy things like water splashes, speed blurs and lens flares when playing games and feels surprisingly sturdy even though it's basically a glass sandwich... I only hate the battery. 

Here's him with his Walt Disney World case my friend gave me:

IMG_2272.JPG

My current phone is my best. HTC One Mini 2. Screen size is perfect for a smart phone and spotify music sounds excellent on it.

Follow me, I will follow back http://open.spotify.com/user/11130807319

http://imgur.com/kZAKtna

The Samsung Note 3. Its not huge, all other phones are just tiny. The stylus is great for notes, doodling. huge screen for movies, great battery life. The processor is fast and i can multi-task easily. i run my psone and snes emulator no problem.

Samsung A04s, I bought it for 99 euros.

It looks like a phone, it makes decent photo. Videos less than average, but I don't do them anyway.

I can text and call, so what's more? 32 GB of storage is enough when one can easily add second memory card 128 GB.

I have no complaints about this phone, other than it's not selling anymore.

Why they don't make these phones to last? I literally could buy it again when needed.

Also saving money with this phone as it has 2 sim card slots. One I use for payment free sim card (I only pay for text and calls as you go). Another card is €4 unlimited 512 kbps internet for a month. Cheap and good, Spotify can be heard.

Suggested posts