Best option for a portable Spotify mp3 player?

Best option for a portable Spotify mp3 player?

Laver2k
Visitor

Hi all,

I just upgrade to Spotify Premium and I would love access to offline playlists while I'm on the go.

My phone doesnt have enough memory to store the app and songs so I'm thinking of getting a second-hand iPod Touch for around £60.

Are there any alternatives worth checking out?  It would be nice to have an iPod but I'm definitely up for finding something cheaper that will do the same thing!

Thanks for any advice you can offer :)

4 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Best option for a portable Spotify mp3 player?

Taylor
Community Legend

@Laver2k wrote:

Hi all,

I just upgrade to Spotify Premium and I would love access to offline playlists while I'm on the go.

My phone doesnt have enough memory to store the app and songs so I'm thinking of getting a second-hand iPod Touch for around £60.

Are there any alternatives worth checking out?  It would be nice to have an iPod but I'm definitely up for finding something cheaper that will do the same thing!

Thanks for any advice you can offer :)

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify community!

Although I would recommend an Ipod touch so you can get all the features of the Spotify app itself, you can just use a normal iPod and sync it with Spotify to get your Spotify tunes on there. Please note this will remove other content on your iPod, and that it is not the Spotify app, it is just the music. Please see this FAQ post detailing how: http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-sync-iPod-with-Spotify

Please note that if you have an older version of an iPod touch which is stuck with iOS 4, you will have to use the 'Spotify for iOS 4' app rather than the default Spotify iOS app.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

svanh
Regular

Hi!

you can buy an new Smartphone it's a bit expensive but you will have more

and witch generation is that iPod touch

Svanh

3 people liked this

Stoney77
Casual Listener
Still can't sync offline playlists to ipod classic, only local files, aka useless...

This link does not work. Is there a newer one that explains how to offline synch an iPod to Spotify premium? Key bit of info for the mobile generation, folks.

S

SUGGESTED POSTS