Block Genre

Block Genre

Casual Listener

I see I can block artists  but can I block a genre somehow?  Algorithm seems to think I would like a genre of music when there's no way I would have ever ever ever have  played a single song of it intentionally.   I keep blocking artists, but I keep getting new ones from this genre recommend

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Block Genre

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey there @00cl

it's currently not possible. There is an Idea here, which was marked as Case Closed by the Spotify Staff. You can see their statement there under the Status Update. 

You can, however, subscribe for the idea, to be the first to know if there is any change in its status in the future : ) 

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thanks so much!
Highlighted

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

You are welcome!

My personal recommendation if you want to get more personalized music is to follow as many artists you like, and unfollow these that you don't like. 

You can also go to the Fans Also Like tab in the Artist page, to find more similar artists to the ones you like. As your library grows, Spotify will filter the genres you listen to the most and exclude the ones you listen the less from your recommendations in the future.

If you are interested in sorting and finding new music, you may find this article interesting. Happy listening! 

How can I organize and discover music in Spotify?

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS