Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Budweiser . Made in America.

Solved!

Budweiser . Made in America.

This ad is playing by itself and i can't pause. I know its live but its streaming and using my little data i have.  i want to be able to listen to my music without some ad streaming its own phucking shioit over the  music im listening to.

http://cl.ly/image/0f3p400i3B19

63 Replies

Hey there.

This is now escalated to staff.

However there is a trick to mute sound. Hower your mouce into this banner and there will be mute button.

HAHAHA!!!  I GOT IT!!

Does anyone know how to do a DoS attack?  Unfortunately I don't, or I would attack madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net and be a hero.  LOLOL!!! 

(Side note:  I may have just showed my complete ignorance concerning DoS, but really... It's the thought that counts right?  😉 )

No worries, we all do it on some occasions!
I'm on premium so I don't get the ads, but if I wasn't I could certainly see that the ad would become very annoying very quickly.
From the looks of things Meredith has found her way onto the topic, so that means Spotify will be looking into it 🙂

Anthony
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Will Spotify pay for users who pay for mobile operator for this useless concert data (limtied data)???

There is no way to stop that using data.

Heell yeah I have unlimited data!

Just merged a couple of other topics into this one in an attempt to keep everything in one place!

Anthony 🙂
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Mute button works but its extremely difficult to find. This is really poor design to force users to listen to this without any knowledge what is going on. We are already listening to ads in between music, playing it over music is obnoxious.

I think the concert roll-out was a blunder, but it's hard to imagine how a company with Spotify's talent could have done this.  The question I have now is:  Does management really care?  Oh, I'm sure they will apologize, etc.  But that doesn't mean they won't do it again.

I don't know what their business model is.  I just know that I like the music selection and sound quality, though I don't like the social networking tie-in.  This concert problem has made the service completely unusable for now.  Will Spotify listen to its users or will they go the route of Microsoft?

Between yesterday and today all I've been wanting to do was listen to some music on my Mac and can't because **bleep**ing Spotify can't even place a pause or an "x" to pause or exit the live streaming screen. I like Macklemore, but I wanted to listen to my Of Monsters and Men w/o this guy in the background.

Like the user above me, I like their music selection, but they have **bleep** to fix.

This was absolutely dreadful.  Thank you all for posting about this so I could figure out how to stop it.  It was literally playing at full blast.  In a strange way, it totally turned me off of Budweiser due to the damage done to my eardrums and the overall obnoxiousness of this whole debacle.  

Muting the sound doesn't stop the streaming video, it's still wasting bandwidth and resources.

I recognize that, as a free user, I represent the product being sold, not the consumer of the product. But until you fix this problem, I am with-holding that product. I will not be contributing ad revenue to Spotify until this is fixed.

I do find it amusing that our swearing is being censored given that the music in the streaming concert was laden with obscenities.

Marked as solution

Another approach to block the site is to modify your hosts file on your local computer to include

127.0.0.1       madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net

This will prevent the Budweiser ad / live music from being streamed.

The following link shows how to modify your hosts file on mac and pc, http://goo.gl/RbOhRU

Steven,

Thanks for your recommendation. That worked great.

Are you kidding me? There is no way in the interface to STOP/PAUSE/UNSTREAM the Budweiser Live Stream?
It has totally hijacked my Spotify. There is no way that I can see in the interface to stop it. Even if I lower the volume slider to zero...it is still playing on top of my chosen playlist. Poor design. Bad PR for Budweiser.

This doesn't work for me. And its really pissing me off. I'm just going to uninstall spotify. I really like it and will install it in maybe a month or two but really they should fix this BS steaming video that plays forever and ever and ever and starts right as I boot up my computer.

Apparently they reeeeally want us to listen to this garbage. 

Blocking madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net just stopped working for me and the <insert expletive here> streaming came back to life!  ARRRGH!! 

SOOOO now I am also blocking  serve.efsharp-ads.com   (The exact url it is trying to load on my machine is serve.efsharp-ads.com/budw

Now it just displays an error where the banner used to be.  YESSSS!!!!  🙂 

The stream appears to be gone.

Are you sure its gone? Do tell me because I will reinstall spotify when that darn AD is gone.

Yeah, now the ad is an Adidas 30 second spot that starts playing automatically, but muted. At the end of the 30 seconds, it stops and stays stopped.

That is an improvement but still I dont want a video stream or music playing right as I turn on my computer. If they keep having video steaming right as I turn on my computer when I have the setting to auto log in as I start up my computer then I wont install spotify. I'll give spotify a week or so and reinstall it and see if no video steaming starts up as I boot my computer and that will be the judge if I uninstall and live with out.

Suggested posts