Budweiser . Made in America.

Solved!

Re: What is with the concert on the discover page?

Taylor
Community Legend

Hi everyone!

Firstly, sorry for the inconvenience this will have caused you.

I'll escalate this to the staff for you to see if they can look into it and get you a response on the matter.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Re: Budweiser . Made in America.

johngifford23

I'm having the same problems too. Its also odd that there are no options for pausing or muting said video. Because of the continuance of my problems with the player I cannot use it until it is fixed.

danc27
Roadie

I noticed this too and I actually like the idea, but it seems to do a horrible job of actually showing concerts that are in my actual area.  Sometimes it does, most of the time it does not.  What is the point of that?

Wait - I read this wrong, I'm talking about the concert listing on the Artist Pages, haha.

rwk
Regular

The concert comes up at maximum volume, and turning down the app volume has no effect.  I'm afraid I may have damaged my speakers.

I assumed it was a virus.  Is it not?  Did Spotify do this intentionally?  That's hard to believe. . .

stevenfriedman
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue, the made in america ad is playing the live stream automatically. Plays over my current music. I can mute the sound but the stream countinues to play in the background which takes up bandwidth. 

I tried reinstalling the spotify app, but the same issue occurred. 

currently running Mac OS X (Mountain Lion - 10.8)

skoNYC

Just want to reiterate how infuriating this is.  The banner ad has essentially made Spotify unusable.  The video stream starts automatically and there is no way to pause or stop.  Making matters more ridiculous: if you actually wanted to listen to the stream and click the  "Stream Now" button you get two streams playing at once with no way to stop either.

Bottom line, Spotify is unusable as long as that poorly designed banner as is present.

LauraBootsy

Oh god, this is the worst thing ever! Will be using my Pandora a whole lot more, that is for sure. ANd their beer tastes like toilet water. 

djanimosity

Holy crap, this is the most annoying thing of all time. Who creates a banner ad with no way to exit out or minimize? Yes, I can mute it, but as others have said, it takes up bandwidth and runs in the background. Loved opening up Spotify this morning for my 5-year-old to listen to, and having Chuck D and Flavor Flav yelling profanity at me at 140 decibels. Fix it!

iTolyan
Casual Listener

I was just starting to like spotify too.  Guess I'll go back to Pandora.  This might be cool if I ever listened to garbage like this, but I don't, so BIG FAIL spotify.  :(

MAC OS 10.6.8

Spotify v 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

How do you stop the budwieser banner from streaming horrible rap

weencycle
Casual Listener

Help.  I can't stop my spotify from streaming some terrible rap concert, sponsered by Bud.

How do you turn it off?

SUGGESTED POSTS