Budweiser . Made in America.

Solved!

Re: How do you stop the budwieser banner from streaming horrible rap

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there and thanks for your question :)

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

First of all I'm really sorry that you're forced to listen horrible rap from Spotify ad when your loveli favorite music is playing. It's bad design of ad when there is no mute button etc. One is paid subscription, but if you want to use Free service, maybe clean-reinstall of the client change ads you see?

Feel free to try and let me know if this rap is still joking you after that. I escalate this then to staff.

Greetings,
Jyri

weencycle
Casual Listener

Well, at first i didn't realize it was an ad, and I thought I scewed up my gf's computer.  But then after restarting Spotify, I realized it was an ad banner.  So, scrolling over it, I found I could mute it.  But I want to know how to make it stop completly.  I don't want to be streaming anything more than I have to.  If that means getting a paid subscription, well then good bye forever.  But if you think dusting Spotify from the computer and then reinstalling it would work, I'll give it a try.

thanks for your help.

Re: What is with the concert on the discover page?

Jahandar
Casual Listener

Thank you, and to be clear, I like the idea, just not the implementation here.

Re: What is with the concert on the discover page?

weencycle
Casual Listener

I also think it's obnoxious.  Just another reason to hate on Budwieser.

Re: Budweiser . Made in America.

user-removed
Not applicable

Same problem here, this has been going on since yesterday. Driving me crazy. Please make the streaming stop, want to listen to my music. Thanks.

iTolyan
Casual Listener

This may help some of you.... If you have a firewall, try blocking all connections to   madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net

Worked for me on my Mac, but would rather the <snip> over at spotify just give us all the ability to turn this garbage off.  

Kragthor
Casual Listener

+1 for this thread. 

For the first time in over a year I find myself re-discovering the music collection that is actually stored on my hard-drive.

This banner is infuriatingly bad and rendering Spotify unusable.  Who the hell designed this without a stop button?!?

Yoki
Regular

Spotify no longer has a place on my PC, I was planning to go back to Premium, now I will not. You will no longer recieve my money, you have lost me as a re-subscriber.

rwk
Regular

There are several active threads about this.  Apparently it's a design flaw, and Spotify folks know about it.  Hopefully it will get fixed, but it isn't clear how long it will take.  Re-installing the app won't help.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone - Thanks for reporting this and giving us your feedback. We always want to hear from you. 

You should definitely be able to mute stream if you'd like. Try hovering over the banner and clicking on the sound icon. 

If any of you are unable to mute the stream or if you are hearing it over other songs after muting please let us know. If you coud post your operating system and Spotify app version it'd be a big help. Thanks again!

SUGGESTED POSTS