Budweiser . Made in America.

Solved!

Re: Budweiser . Made in America.

Yoki
Regular

That's beside the point, do you guys not give a crap about your subscribers? It steals bandwidth, it unmutes itself whenever anyone goes to the Discover tick, it's so intrusive that you could actually lose Premium members over this.

soul_of_wit
Regular

If you have trouble muting, exit the app and re-enter. Then wait for Discover to load, hover over the video stream and click on the sound icon.

Auto-loading video is A-L-W-A-Y-S a problem. In any context. Period. Auto-loading video that you can't stop streaming and eating up bandwidth is particularly grating.

Apparently, Spotify doesn't have any IT folk on call for the weekend. That's no way to run a streaming app.

Re: What is with the concert on the discover page?

RichardEHughes
Regular

Sorry for my explosion of swearing. You're right, that was inappropriate.

Yoki
Regular

Guys, going on what iTolyan said earlier, I went and blocked madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net in my hosts file and bye bye uncontrollable video playable, now how about Budweiser add a Pause button to this ad, or Spotify suspend this ad until they fix it, doubt they will though, seeing as it's all about the money rather than the customer.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I've just merged a couple threads about this concert here. We're passing on your feedback as we speak. 

Again, if anyone is having trouble with the mute not working please pass on your device details. The more info we have the better--thanks! 

liquidwerx

Muting the audio is not the main concern here, it's not being able to pause or stop the video feed in the background and it's eating up bandwidth.

How do I stop this Budweiser concert streaming?

michaelntami

Whenever I log in this weekend, this Budweiser concert streams over anything I WANT to listen to.  If it were my kind of music, it might not be so bad, but like so many of the recommendations Spotify has for me, it's way off the mark.  It's like the Spotify programmers have decided that user interests do not matter. 
VERY aggrivating

Re: How do you stop the budwieser banner from streaming horrible rap

weencycle
Casual Listener
Thanks!

Re: How do I stop this Budweiser concert streaming?

Liam
Community Legend

Hi!

Many people have been complaining about this. If you hover over the video player, then there should be a mute button you can click.

There is no way to stop it streaming.

Liam

Re: How do I stop this Budweiser concert streaming?

McGruff

Somehow this crashed my computer, not happy.

SUGGESTED POSTS