Budweiser . Made in America.

Solved!

Re: Budweiser . Made in America.

RichardEHughes
Regular

I recognize that, as a free user, I represent the product being sold, not the consumer of the product. But until you fix this problem, I am with-holding that product. I will not be contributing ad revenue to Spotify until this is fixed.

I do find it amusing that our swearing is being censored given that the music in the streaming concert was laden with obscenities.

Solution!

stevenfriedman
Casual Listener

Another approach to block the site is to modify your hosts file on your local computer to include

127.0.0.1       madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net

This will prevent the Budweiser ad / live music from being streamed.

The following link shows how to modify your hosts file on mac and pc, http://goo.gl/RbOhRU

RichardEHughes
Regular

Steven,

Thanks for your recommendation. That worked great.

sandersnow

Are you kidding me? There is no way in the interface to STOP/PAUSE/UNSTREAM the Budweiser Live Stream?
It has totally hijacked my Spotify. There is no way that I can see in the interface to stop it. Even if I lower the volume slider to zero...it is still playing on top of my chosen playlist. Poor design. Bad PR for Budweiser.

Boohoo
Casual Listener

This doesn't work for me. And its really pissing me off. I'm just going to uninstall spotify. I really like it and will install it in maybe a month or two but really they should fix this BS steaming video that plays forever and ever and ever and starts right as I boot up my computer.

iTolyan
Casual Listener

Apparently they reeeeally want us to listen to this garbage. 

Blocking madeinamerica1-lh.akamaihd.net just stopped working for me and the <insert expletive here> streaming came back to life!  ARRRGH!! 

SOOOO now I am also blocking  serve.efsharp-ads.com   (The exact url it is trying to load on my machine is serve.efsharp-ads.com/budw

Now it just displays an error where the banner used to be.  YESSSS!!!!  :) 

RichardEHughes
Regular

The stream appears to be gone.

Boohoo
Casual Listener

Are you sure its gone? Do tell me because I will reinstall spotify when that darn AD is gone.

RichardEHughes
Regular

Yeah, now the ad is an Adidas 30 second spot that starts playing automatically, but muted. At the end of the 30 seconds, it stops and stays stopped.

Boohoo
Casual Listener

That is an improvement but still I dont want a video stream or music playing right as I turn on my computer. If they keep having video steaming right as I turn on my computer when I have the setting to auto log in as I start up my computer then I wont install spotify. I'll give spotify a week or so and reinstall it and see if no video steaming starts up as I boot my computer and that will be the judge if I uninstall and live with out.

SUGGESTED POSTS