COMMERCIAL VOLUME DOWN PLEASE!!!

Highlighted

COMMERCIAL VOLUME DOWN PLEASE!!!

JUST BECAUSE I BLAST MUSIC DOESN'T MEAN I WANT TO BLAST YOUR ADVERTISEMENTS!!!

Please turn them down it hurts my ears.  Even if I pay for premium, someday you won't be able to avoid advertisements - just like cable t.v. didn't have commercials when it started...

And that's girl's voice is super annoying in the Spotify commercials... she has a lisp and sounds very underage.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: COMMERCIAL VOLUME DOWN PLEASE!!!

Community Legend

Hey, just turn your volume down. How can you complain if your volume is turned up that you hear loud adverts?

Highlighted

Community Legend

You might also be interested in adding your kudos and support to this topic over on the Ideas Exchange about volume of adverts.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Seriously, Spotify.....commercial volume being hiked up annoys every single person listening every day. They invented compressors/limiters about 80 years ago. Please level the audio out before the government comes in & regulates your every movement [even more]. I think even ESPN.com has figured it out by now, God they were the worst....

Highlighted

Casual Listener

"Hey just turn your volume down??" Hey just close your eyes when you're driving in the direction of the sun! Do you realize how simple it is to place a compressor on a master audio out, to even out all levels? No. You don't. Well hey...............it's really simple. And cheap. And not processing-heavy. There are actual rational, common sense solutions out there. Like that one I just gave you, that don't piss off people who are ACTUALLY annoyed at hiked-up, unnecessarily loud commercial volume, and SHOULDN'T have to "just turn down your volume".......come ON.....

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the volume at a level at which I enjoy the music.   Then the commercials come on, and it HURTS my ears.  I don't know when the commercial is coming on, so I don't know when I have to hit my volume control.  Not to mention the fact the difference in volume seems to be enough to damage my speakers.  It's not just a little change.  This NEEDS to be addressed.

SUGGESTED POSTS